xTransit - The Third Way of Getting Around in Cities

  • eric britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 10:17 AM
      WordPress.com

      xTransit - The Third Way of Getting Around in Cities

      Eric Britton, editor | 5 March 2011 at 17:48 | Categories: editorial, New Mobility, xTransit | URL: http://wp.me/p1fsqb-jD

      Our 21st century cities and the people who live and work there face transportation requirements that have little in common with the historical patterns. Our actual service needs are closer to what we can see in successful car-based systems than the patterns associated with traditional public transport. That is to say, user requirements in this new life system are for the most part not linear, nor strictly time-cadenced. This introduction is the first article on xTransit to appear in these pages. And you can be sure it will not be the last. xTransit is an important part of our worldwide future . [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post