xTransit - A rose by any name

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008

      This concept of “shared transport”, as opposed to private vehicles  or traditional public transport, has been around, mainly in earlier and far more artisanal forms, for some decades and is known in different places by many different names.  Here is a list we put before you today for your comments, additions, corrections.

      Bus pooling

      Busstaxi

      Carpooling

      Carsharing

      Colectivos

      Demand responsive transport

      Dial a ride

      Dial a bus

      Digital hitchhiking

      Dolmus

      DRT

      Dynamic Carpooling

      Dynamic Ridesharing"

      Färdtjänst

      FlexLinjen

      FUT (Flexible Urban Transport)

      GoLoco

      Hitchhiking

      Jeepney

      Jitneys

      Lift-share

      Line Taxi

      Maxi-cabs

      Maxi-taxi

      Minibus-taxi

      Paratransit

      Para-transit

      Pesero

      Por Puesto

      Publicos,

      Regio-Taxis

      ReTax

      Ride sharing

      RufBus

      Sammeltaxi

      Share Taxi

      Slugging

      Smart Para-Transit

      Teksi

      Telebus

      Vanpooling

      xTransit

    • Tom Kessler
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        Eric,

        My project, Aktalita,  is getting close to beta.   Please add "Aktalita" to the list.

        Tom Kessler
        http://www.aktalita.com

        --
        Tom Kessler