CAUSE OF WASTE IN TRANSPORT

  • hhowderd
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2006
      I have researched this problem for several
      months. My very first conclusion is that,
      in the USA one significant factor in the waste
      of transport (or waste in transport) is a result
      of ZONING.

      Also, these zoning regulations seem to have developed
      an academic interest in the USA to what is termed
      "employment density."

      Please beware, that most of the data described
      as "jobs per acre", etc, are actually DERIVED
      from "housing units per acre."

      Two of the better reviews I have found:

      http://www.lclark.edu/~arthuro/UrbEc 6e/Lecture Notes HTM/LecNotes
      Ch07.htm

      and

      the "highbeam" article found on the first page of a Yahoo search
      "employment density." (For some reason, the article is not available
      by direct address

      http://www.highbeam.com/library/docfree.asp?
      DOCID=1G1:103672832&ctrllnfo=Round

      Howard Finch , USA