http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_taxi

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006

      Don Carlos (and anyone else who wants to pitch in here),

      Any chance that you might ask your list (and maybe yourself) if they might take a moment to pop into the Wikipedia entry for Shard Taxis and make sure that the names and references for their country or city are complete there.  The reference is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_taxi

      The coverage of Latin America is just about zero, which is really too bad since that of course is not the reality. Moreover, I am convinced that this is a mode which with a lot of variants is going to be far more important in cities around the world in the future.  Offering something very close to ”car-like mobility” at a fraction of the price and bother.

      Kind thanks,

      Eric Britton

      PS. Incidentally, we are working pretty hard to ensure that the Wikipedia becomes a comprehensive and reliable source of first-stop information for all the modes and approaches which need to be orchestrated to provide a viable and fair New Mobility Agenda. That’s a lot of work and anyone else who wishes to lend a hand will be rewarded with a big grin and a sense of satisfaction.