Google gets into the taxi business - while in London . . .

  • Wetzel Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2006
      In London there is the "Zingo" service which you dial up on your mobile phone (cell-phone); the computer automatically identifies your location and you are put directly in verbal touch with the nearest available taxi driver. There is no other number to ring. The driver adds a £2 charge to your meter fare.

      I found it does not work very well in the suburbs, where there are few
      licensed black cabs.

      Happy New Year,
      Dave
      Dave Wetzel; Vice-Chair; Transport for London.