Fwd: Re: [NewMobilityCafe] shared taxis

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      --- In NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Langeveld <slangeveld@y...> wrote:

      > Shared taxis are a significant part of the solution.

      Definitely, but there is a long way to go; we need entrepeneurs who'll make a true U-turn. Presently:

      > Consider some of the benefits of shared taxis:

      > - Potential to align with Zero Emission Vehicles A venture with electric Kangoos -in Utrecht- has collapsed. There are only a fair number of LPG taxis
      around.
      > - Decrease in air pollution and accidents
      Taxis -9 out of 10- are idling at the ranks - you can't have it worse than that. Are there any practices/schemes/regulations anywhere to tackle this
      ?

      The dutch national railway company operates a shared taxi service from stations, but the number of cities is/was declining. http://www.treintaxi.nl/

      > Ann Hackett

      =====