Hidden tax

  • startact
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      Hi Sam,
      Thanks for the "heads up".
      We who advocate the Fair Tax often fail to mention in our arguments
      the heinous fact that ALL American consumers ALREADY pay up to a 30%
      de facto FEDERAL SALES TAX on EVERY good or service we buy. That
      HIDDEN TAX is the business income tax and all the many costs
      businesses incur in dealing with the ridiculously complicated income
      tax system. (W-2's, W-4's, 1099's, withholding, tax lawyers,
      accountants, tax preparers, employee time, etc., etc., etc.)
      Every time you buy ANYTHING, you pay all those costs for EVERY
      business that had ANYTHING to do with the raw materials, manufacture,
      distribution, or retailing of that product or service, whether you
      pay with food stamps and welfare payments, or with the dividends from
      your trust fund! Businesses MUST pass on those taxes and costs to the
      consumer in order to be profitable.
      What could be more REGRESSIVE than that??
      I think we need to educate the public about this, as well as the hold-
      outs in Congress, in no uncertain terms. Even if we had to have a 25%
      Fair Tax, it would STILL be a BIG tax reduction over just this HIDDEN
      TAX, never-mind all the taxes the Fair Tax Bill would eliminate!!
      Regards,
      STARTACT
    • startact
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2007
        --- In wyfairtax@yahoogroups.com, "startact" <startact@...> wrote:

        > Hi Sam,
        > Thanks for the "heads up".
        > We who advocate the Fair Tax often fail to mention in our arguments
        > the heinous fact that ALL American consumers ALREADY pay up to a
        30%
        > de facto FEDERAL SALES TAX on EVERY good or service we buy. That
        > HIDDEN TAX is the business income tax and all the many costs
        > businesses incur in dealing with the ridiculously complicated
        income
        > tax system. (W-2's, W-4's, 1099's, withholding, tax lawyers,
        > accountants, tax preparers, employee time, etc., etc., etc.)
        > Every time you buy ANYTHING, you pay all those costs for EVERY
        > business that had ANYTHING to do with the raw materials,
        manufacture,
        > distribution, or retailing of that product or service, whether you
        > pay with food stamps and welfare payments, or with the dividends
        from
        > your trust fund! Businesses MUST pass on those taxes and costs to
        the
        > consumer in order to be profitable.
        > What could be more REGRESSIVE than that??
        > I think we need to educate the public about this, as well as the
        hold-
        > outs in Congress, in no uncertain terms. Even if we had to have a
        25%
        > Fair Tax, it would STILL be a BIG tax reduction over just this
        HIDDEN
        > TAX, never-mind all the taxes the Fair Tax Bill would eliminate!!
        > Regards,
        > STARTACT

        P.S.
        Another thing we don't emphasize enough is that just the TIME
        individual taxpayers spend each year dealing with the income tax and
        its intrusions on our lives is the equivalent of 3 MILLION Americans
        working full-time, year-'round for the IRS.
        And WE pay THEM to make us work for them!!! Talk about TAX SLAVERY!
        Suppose April 15 were just another Spring day.
        STARTACT