Tab navigation

  • scottwalde
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13 4:11 PM
      I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I just can't figure this one out without some help...

      I'm using wxDesigner 2.20a on Debian 5 and building my application in perl. I'm testing on Debian 5 and Centos 5.5.

      The problem? I can't figure out how to get keyboard (tab) navigation working.

      I see that keyboard navigation was handed off to GTK+ with wxWidgets3.0. Is the fact I'm still using wxGTK-2.8 causing an incompatibility?

      I'm almost certain I solved this problem once before, but I can't find a solution in any of my previous wxdesigner projects.

      Thanks,
      srw
    • Robert Roebling
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17 5:30 AM
        > I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I just can't figure this
        > one out without some help...
        >
        > I'm using wxDesigner 2.20a on Debian 5 and building my application in
        > perl. I'm testing on Debian 5 and Centos 5.5.
        >
        > The problem? I can't figure out how to get keyboard (tab) navigation
        > working.
        >
        > I see that keyboard navigation was handed off to GTK+ with
        > wxWidgets3.0. Is the fact I'm still using wxGTK-2.8 causing an
        > incompatibility?
        >
        > I'm almost certain I solved this problem once before, but I can't find
        > a solution in any of my previous wxdesigner projects.

        This cannot be solved from within wxDesigner and wxWidgets will just
        take over the order of creation. You can change the tab order
        afterwards using

        void wxWindow::MoveBeforeInTabOrder ( wxWindow * win )

        http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/classwx_window.html#f2b92f61cd9f9e2e0efe4cce307e25b1

        Ciao,

        Robert