ct groups

  • herrduke626
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2007
      Hi: Im looking to get into the hobby and would like to know if any one
      knows of a group in connecticut thats willing to teach and take on new
      members, very much love this period in time and have always been a
      history buff have been to a few of the events in the new england area,
      also looking to research my family history as for as the american
      revolution goes if any one can help i would appreciate it I live in
      the manchester area.
    • Kathleen Tucker
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2007
        There is a group in lower Massachusetts (that has a lot of members
        from Connecticut.- the 25th Mass reg.) If you email me directly, I
        will give you their contact info.
        Kathleen Tucker
        On Mar 27, 2007, at 5:18 PM, herrduke626 wrote:

        Hi: Im looking to get into the hobby and would like to know if any one
        knows of a group in connecticut thats willing to teach and take on new
        members, very much love this period in time and have always been a
        history buff have been to a few of the events in the new england area,
        also looking to research my family history as for as the american
        revolution goes if any one can help i would appreciate it I live in
        the manchester area.

      • Tom Tringale
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
          Also check out the 5th CT or the 6th CT lights, if you are
          interested in British, i think the 9th regiment is located in the
          state also.

          cheers,
          Tom
          HMS Somerset

          --- In wwwrevwarcom@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Tucker <tuckers@...>
          wrote:

          > There is a group in lower Massachusetts (that has a lot of
          members
          > from Connecticut.- the 25th Mass reg.) If you email me directly,
          > will give you their contact info.
          > Kathleen Tucker
          > On Mar 27, 2007, at 5:18 PM, herrduke626 wrote:
          >
          > Hi: Im looking to get into the hobby and would like to know if any
          one
          > knows of a group in connecticut thats willing to teach and take on
          new
          > members, very much love this period in time and have always been a
          > history buff have been to a few of the events in the new england
          area,
          > also looking to research my family history as for as the american
          > revolution goes if any one can help i would appreciate it I live in
          > the manchester area.

        • Irishbrit
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
            Dear Herrduke,

            There are a few units very close to Manchester. May I suggest the
            only British regular unit in CT, the Ninth Regiment of Foot
            www.ninthoffoot.com I am the CO and I live in Coventry CT

            If you MUST do a rebel may I suggest The Lebanon Militia
            www.lebanonmilitia.com from Lebanon CT also, 6th Conn.Regiment.
            Nathan Hale Fifes and Drums of Coventry CT also has Knowlton's
            Rangers attached to them, along with Capt. Buckland's Artillery.

            Go to the CCMA contacts web page:
            http://www.geocities.com/ctrevwar/Ccma2.html

            Jim Murphy
            Connecticut Colony