Upcoming Open Weekends @ http://knowplace.ca

  • Mary Lou
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      Our Vision Behind Open Weekends @ knowplace

      Open Weekends @ our knowplace family of sites offer you the opportunity
      sample various leading-edge topics presented by members of our
      international
      online community. The format is asynchronous discussion forums so you
      can
      participate at your convenience. Synchronous sessions may be offered as
      well. Open Weekends are offered to you at no charge as our way of
      introducing you to our online community. We ask that you introduce
      yourself
      in our Open Weekend and at the end of our Open Weekend you post us a
      note about what
      you have learned or experienced.

      **Upcoming Open Weekends in November**

      November 2- November 4, 2007 - "E-learning in Un- and Under-developed
      Countries"
      Location: http://knowplace.ca <http://knowplace.ca/>

      Nellie Deutsch and Jose Antonio Da Silva will host a weekend
      exploration of
      elearning methods for educational development in un- and under-developed
      countries.
      Special guest, Ken Banks will join all of us on Elluminate at 12:00 PDT
      on Saturday, November 3,
      to explore his unique view toward using cell phones in Africa. Elderbob
      will be
      demonstrating how simple it is to set up a cell phone website and we
      will explore how
      such sites can be used in education.

      Facilitator - Nellie Muller Deutsch
      Co Facilitator - Jose Antonio Da Silva
      Co Facilitator - Ken Banks
      Co Facilitator - Elderbob Brannan

      ---------------

      November 9 - November 11, 2007 - " Social Taxonomy" -
      Location: http://knowplace.ca <http://knowplace.ca/>

      Kenneth Wyrick will explore Social Taxonomy for this session. I often
      have folks asking me
      about how to use Del.icio.us <http://del.icio.us/> , During this
      awesome training session, we will explore some of the ways that
      Del.icio.us <http://del.icio.us/> and other folksonomy programs can be
      used as educational tools

      Facilitator - Kenneth Wyrick
      ---------------

      November 14 - November 18, 2007 - "E-Coaching"
      Location: http://knowcoach.ca <http://knowcoach.ca/>

      E-career Coaching is for you! Whether you describe yourselves as
      career developers,
      job search coaches, job developers, case managers, career counsellors,
      career advisers,
      knowCOACH is "your" virtual community. You will benefit by enhancing
      your professional network
      even if you work only face-to-face with clients, be they individuals
      seeking employment and/or
      career transitioning, or businesses with whom you are building
      relationships. Bring us your
      tips, tricks and challenges. E-career Coaching weekends focus on your
      needs, so let
      us know your passions and the pitfalls of your work. After all, who else
      better appreciates the
      challenges than people who "toil" in the career development field.

      Facilitator: Carole Cotton
      -------------

      November 23 - November 25, 2007 - "Tools Potluck"
      Location: http://knowplace.ca <http://knowplace.ca/>

      Confused by all the myriad of open source and freeware tools whizzing
      through cyberspace?
      Why not help each other out. Bring an open source or freeware tool with
      you and share
      your tool. This workshop will offer an opportunity to discover "the
      inside scoop" on the tools
      others have found valuable OR maybe even those we want to avoid! Helen,
      who is a "tool person"
      indeed, will facilitate this workshop.

      Facilitator: Helen Kershaw
      ------------

      November 23- November 25, 2007 - Google Notebook
      Location: http://knowplace.ca <http://knowplace.ca/>

      "Google Notebook" is a free service offered by Google that provides a
      simple way to save and
      organize clips of information when conducting research online. Join the
      webhead cat-herder,
      Vance Stevens as he provides his own description of the many uses of
      "Google Notebook".
      You don't want to miss this one.

      Facilitator: Vance Stevens

      *How to Access Our Open Weekends in our knowplace Family of Sites*

      1. First time to knowplace family of sites? You'll need to create an
      account
      in each knowplace family of sites you wish to participate in.

      2. Once you have created an account, you can enter the Open Weekend at
      12 a.m.
      Pacific Time (Vancouver, British Columbia) on the day it is scheduled to
      start. Are you wondering what time that is for you? World Clock
      <http://timeanddate.com/>

      3. If you are asked for an enrolment key, you have arrived early (or we
      are
      a little late in opening it); this can happen and we will try to open
      the
      weekend as soon as possible.

      All our Open Weekends begin Friday at 12 a.m., PT and end late Sunday
      afternoon. The "three-day" weekend provides time for you to review the
      course materials and/or read and post to the discussions later on
      Sunday.
      The facilitator(s) will be checking into the workshop throughout the
      weekend and when convenient to their time zones.

      For further assistance or if you have any questions please contact
      marylou@... <mailto:marylou@...>