Asking the presidential candidates about the digital divide

  • Andy Carvin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      Last night I got to attend the Democratic presidential debate at Howard
      University, which was hosted by PBS. Following the debate, I managed to
      track down several of the candidates to ask them their positions on the
      digital divide. Most of them didn't give me much more than a sound bite,
      but it was still interesting. Bill Richardson probably had the broadest
      perspective on the subject, while Chris Dodd and Dennis Kucinich focused
      on ubiquitous broadband and laptops for kids. Mike Gravel offered some
      terse comments on keeping the Internet free and putting computers in our
      classrooms.

      The text of what they said is now on my PBS blog. I'll also put together
      a video of their comments soon. Hopefully, I'll be able to ask the
      Republican candidates about the digital divide at the next PBS debate,
      which will take place at the end of September.

      http://urltea.com/vgg

      --
      Andy Carvin

      http://www.andycarvin.com