Professional Development for Educators: This Week at Tapped In (March 4-10)
- Professional Development for Educators: This Week at Tapped In (March 4-10)
* Webheads in Action - TESOL/ESL/EFL/ELL community discussion for
* Blogstreams Salon - The Blogstreams Salon discussion leader Barbara
Dieu welcomes all teachers interested in blogging and international
* Arts and Literacy: Design in the Classroom - Join the virtual
exploration of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum Educator
Resource Center <http://www.educatorresourcecenter.org/>
* C3 (Cyberethics, Cybersafety, Cybersecurity): Backing Up, Virus
Protection, Passwords - Please join Davina Pruitt-Mentle in February for
Backing up, Virus Protection, Passwords and, if time permits, Hacking,
* SPECIAL! NanoSense - The NanoSense project at SRI International has
developed a set of curricular materials to help high school science
teachers integrate cutting edge nanoscience into their classrooms.
NanoSense materials are made available through teacher workshops and on
the NanoSense web site ( http://nanosense.org ) as they are developed
and tested. In this Tapped In ASO session, we will provide an overview
of the NanoSense project, walk through some sample materials from our
newest unit, Clean Energy, which explores how nanoscience could enable
important breakthroughs in energy generation and conversion, hear about
experiences of a teacher who has used the unit in her classroom, and
discuss topics for future ASO sessions to help teachers integrate
nanoscale science in their classrooms.
* Math Resources K-20 - Jeff Cooper discusses resources and ways to
facilitate communication among Tapped In Math educators.
* Science Resources K-20 - Jeff discusses resources and ways to
facilitate communication among Tapped In Science educators.
* Creating Virtual Tours with Photos, Maps, and Comments - Virtual tours
make it easy to share a walkthrough of a room, school, nature trail, or
any other place imaginable. Mapwing.com (http://www.mapwing.com) is a
new Web tool that lets anyone build, share, and explore interactive
virtual tours which include photos, maps, and comments.
* Classroom Assessment - Join Maryann Durland to explore the tools that
help us to understand the connection between what we do as teachers and
students and learners.
* WriteTalk: Best practices in writing-Multiple Intelligences - Sandra
Shattuck advocates that teachers are the best teachers of other teachers
and teachers teach writing better when they improve their own writing.
* AIS: History from A Native American Perspective - Christine Rose,
moderator for the American Indian Studies Group, and an activist working
towards change in education for the last five years, leads this discussion.
* Religious Educators discussion with John Greenamyre (office hours for
Religious Educators Monday though Saturday from 12 noon to 1pm ET).
* TIPS AND TRICKS sessions are offered throughout the week to help both
new and experienced Tapped In users get the most from the interface!
Check out the new Euro-friendly time for Tips and Tricks on the first
and third Thursday of the month.
If you don't see an event that interests you, or have a suggestion for
future discussions, send us an email and let us know! Comments are
View the Tapped In calendar of ASO events at:
<http://ti2.sri.com/tappedin/do/CalendarAction> By clicking on the
calendar event, you can read the complete description of that event. You
can set the calendar to your time zone to see events in your times.
RSS Feed for Tapped In calendar:
Associate Educator, TAPPED IN
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]