Electronic Postcards - A Collaborative Internet Project

  • Roberta Gray
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2006
      Electronic Postcards Exchange Around the World

      In this collaborative internet project students from all grades gain a better understanding and knowledge of their school and community and other schools and communities around the world. They develop and enhance their communication skills by exchanging Electronic Postcards with schools from around the world.

      Electronic Postcards are created by attaching a scan or digital photo of a postcard, photo, or drawing in .gif or .jpeg/jpg format (no greater than 4 inches in width or length) with an e-mail message (250 words or less). This message would include a brief description of the class/school/community. Further details will be sent to classes when they register.

      Classes who do not have a way to create a scan of a postcard, photo, or drawing may send the item to the project coordinator, Roberta Gray, for scanning. She will send you the scan in a .gif or .jpeg/jpg format via e-mail.

      Registration is from August 4, 2006 until October 7, 2006.You will receive a list of participants by October 16th. Please do not send any Electronic Postcards until October 23, 2006. You may send Electronic Postcards until May 23, 2007.

      To register for this project please send an e-mail message to Roberta Gray, electronicpostcards@... , with "Registering for Electronic Postcards" in the subject field. Please include the following information:

      *Full name:

      *Title:

      *Grade or Class:

      *E-mail address:

      *School:

      *City, State/Province:

      *Country:

      *School/Classroom Web Site Address:

      You will receive a confirmation of your registration and further details about this project within seven days. If you do not receive a confirmation within that time period, please resubmit your registration as I may be having problems with your e-mail address. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at electronicpostcards@... or roberta.gray@...

      Thanks,

      Roberta Gray

      rgray777@...

      roberta.gray@...

      Grade 2

      Austinburg Elementary

      Austinburg, Ohio

      Classroom Web Site

      http://www.genevaschools.org/austinbg/class/gray/

      Electronic Postcards Collaborative Internet Project

      http://www.genevaschools.org/austinbg/class/gray/internet/electronic/

    • Lars Hasselblad Torres
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2006
        Hi All -- Electronic postcards sound really cool! I wanted to bring
        you to a similar resource I have been working on, which is called
        Peace Tiles. These can be individual and group works of art that can
        be exchanged with participating schools -- electronically or through
        the post. Peace Tiles projects can also be of local benefit, say to
        brighten the walls of a local community center or children's clinic
        as a mural.

        Please take a look at http://www.peacetiles.net for more info, or
        write me if I can answer any questions! many thanks,

        lars
        -----
        Lars Hasselblad Torres
        www.devarts.org + www.peacetiles.net