Re: [WWWEDU] Internet Project

  • Janice Friesen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2006
      A friend of mine taught kindergarten and did online projects with them. She
      now teaches 3rd grade, but here is her class web site. I remember that
      Journey North was the project that she did with her kindergarten class.

      Janice

      On 7/14/06 12:36 PM, "Gail Countryman" <countrymang@...>
      wrote:

      > I am currently enrolled in a graduate program dealing with integrating
      > technology in the curriculum. The book we are using mentions an
      > instructional model called Internet Project. I am wondering if anyone has
      > used this at the kindergarten level and how it worked out?
      > The text is called "Teaching with the Internet K-12: New Literacies for New
      > Times" by Leu, Leu and Coiro. It discusses using email with other classrooms
      > by sharing and comparing data on common topics. I was curious to see if it
      > is being used at lower grade levels. Thanks! Gail Countryman
      > <countrymang@...
      > <mailto:countrymang%40hicksvilleschools.org> >

    • Janice Friesen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2006
        Oops... I spent so much time looking for the website and forgot to put it
        in! Here it is:

        http://www.hallsville.org/elementary/stillwell/projects/index.html

        Sorry about that,

        Janice

        On 7/15/06 4:25 PM, "Janice Friesen" <janicef@...> wrote:

        > A friend of mine taught kindergarten and did online projects with them. She
        > now teaches 3rd grade, but here is her class web site. I remember that
        > Journey North was the project that she did with her kindergarten class.
        >
        > Janice
        >
        > On 7/14/06 12:36 PM, "Gail Countryman" <countrymang@...
        > <mailto:countrymang%40hicksvilleschools.org> >
        > wrote:
        >

        >> > I am currently enrolled in a graduate program dealing with integrating
        >> > technology in the curriculum. The book we are using mentions an
        >> > instructional model called Internet Project. I am wondering if anyone has
        >> > used this at the kindergarten level and how it worked out?
        >> > The text is called "Teaching with the Internet K-12: New Literacies for New
        >> > Times" by Leu, Leu and Coiro. It discusses using email with other
        >> classrooms
        >> > by sharing and comparing data on common topics. I was curious to see if it
        >> > is being used at lower grade levels. Thanks! Gail Countryman
        >> > <countrymang@...
        >> <mailto:countrymang%40hicksvilleschools.org>
        >> > <mailto:countrymang%40hicksvilleschools.org> >

      • Gail Countryman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 19, 2006
          Kevin,
          Thank you for taking the time to answer. Actually I attend BGSU in Ohio. I
          like the book, it contains a lot of useful information.
          Thanks again for the great sites. I can't wait to use some of the ideas in
          my classroom.
          Gail