Bob Hofman- an International Innovator

  • BBracey@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2006
      Since I was sort of banished from the US world of technology for working with
      Bill Clinton, I have created lots of international friends while working my
      way back to what is left after NCLB . I spent the last week with my friend Bob
      Hofman in the Netherlands.

      There was a host of good friends there who are innovative and creative in
      the use of technology.

      Bob Hofman
      (1955) Global Learning Innovator and Consultant

      Bob Hofman has spent 25 years teaching, with a focus on learning expeditions
      and ICT (information and communication technology) policy based development.
      His strength is in designing innovative global educational programs that are
      generative, authentic, and respond to the evolving changes our world is facing.
      In 1996, he became the head of the ICT-department at the HAN/University of
      Nijmegen. During his three years at the university, he designed national and
      international courses for ICT-coordinators and conducted professional development
      and consultancy in more than 30 countries.

      ICT&E
      In 2000 he started his company ICT&E, where the 7 C’s of global learning
      became the theme of a global exploration. ICT&E works frequently with the Dutch
      Ministry of Education and the National Educational Portal “Kennisnet.” Through
      Kennisnet, he coordinates the “Twinschool” project, which connects schools in
      Canada and the US on a 1:1 base to schools in the Netherlands.

      As designer of “tailor made” (Special Needs Education) and “Borderless
      learning” he manages two nationally respected innovative learning arrangements. He
      also holds the chair for the iEARN (International Education and Resource
      Network)-Netherlands foundation and is an assembly member of iEARN International.

      As co-initiator of the Global Teenager Project, he is involved with a fast
      growing and high quality learning network that currently covers more than 7,500
      students in over 35 countries. His wife Dini and their four global teenagers—
      Renske, Koen, Aafke, and Anne—keep this “global enabler” with both feet on
      the ground.

      I especially love his projects that are the resources for special needs
      children. I have failed to share this with you because of fears about copyright.

      I thought about him when I saw the winner of the ISTE teacher award. I forgot
      to nominate him.

      We spent time last week in Bad Bokelo, the Netherlands with a wonderful group
      of International teachers who are coordinators for their countries in the
      Global Teenager project.

      He is doing so much wonderful work. I hope he will share some of it with you.
      Check out his company web page
      http://www.ict-edu.nl/content/nederlands/icte/middenframe_7c-main.html