Former WWWEDU Member Fights for Family Domain on Web

  • Andy Carvin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 11:24 AM
      Just in case you haven't seen this article, one of our former list members,
      Mark Miller, is taking Miller Brewing Company to court to prevent them from
      taking his family's domain name - millertime.com... -ac

      Millers Fight for Family Domain on Web

      "It's Miller Time" is a popular slogan used by Miller Brewing Co. to market
      its lager, but it was the Miller family of San Mateo County that had first
      dibs on the phrase as an Internet domain. Repeated efforts by the Milwaukee
      brewer to force the family to give up millertime.com have prompted Mark
      Miller and his family to file a complaint against Miller Brewing in U.S.
      District Court. The Millers want the court to block the National Arbitration
      Forum from forcing them to give up the domain name. Miller Brewing holds a
      trademark on the phrase "Miller Time."

      <snipped for copyright restrictions>

      http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020430/ap_on_hi_te/mille
      rtime_suit_2