Make your own motivational poster ... and MORE!

  • Kevin Jarrett
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2006
      [Sorry for the cross-posting, this is too good not to share!]

      Greetings all,

      I spent almost 20 years in the business world before walking away to
      become a teacher ... during that time I saw many of those motivational
      posters ... you know ... the ones with inspirational quotes set below
      majestic, beatuiful photographs. [Aside: you may already be familiar
      with http://www.despair.com, a purveyor of similar products but with
      delightfully cynical messages.]

      Well, thanks to yet another Web 2.0 innovation, you can now make your
      own "Motivator" style posters, with any photograph you choose,
      featuring your own pithy quotes:

      http://flagrantdisregard.com/flickr/motivator.php

      Here's a quick example of a photo I whipped up out of my Flickr
      collection, featuring my youngest daughter experiencing the physics of
      a bowling alley for the first time:

      http://static.flickr.com/24/88982363_a44d565387.jpg

      A word of caution: this site is best used by adults ... it could (as
      the site owner points out) generate photos to mock others, which could
      obviously present a big problem in schools. But ... any adult can use
      this website to create photographs that really will inspire and
      motivate.

      But wait ... there's MORE!

      The main website (http://flagrantdisregard.com/flickr/) features
      several similar applications where you can make:

      Magazine Covers
      Trading Cards
      Badges
      Movie Posters
      ... and a lot of other cool things.

      Enjoy!

      -kj-

      "Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time."
      - Marabel Morgan, The Electric Woman

      Kevin Jarrett | Technology Facilitator, K-4 | District Webmaster
      Northfield Community School: http://www.ncs-nj.org
      Classroom eBoard: http://kjarrett.northfield.site.eboard.com
      Edtech Blog: http://www.ncs-tech.org
      kjarrett at ncs-nj dot org
    • Carla Beard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2006
        Kevin,

        Thanks for posting this. What a terrific resource!

        Carla Beard
        Web English Teacher
        Htpp://www.webenglishteacher.com