RE: [WWWEDU] Your Thoughts on the Shortage of Teachers? Causes?

  • Debbie Abilock
    Message 1 of 61 , Mar 31, 2004
      Syracuse and IMLS are doing some work along the lines you suggest -
      http://digital-literacy.syr.edu/
      In the area of information literacy they were awarded one of fourteen 2002
      National Leadership Grants from the Institute of Museum and Library Services
      (IMLS) are developing a web-based multimedia resource with teaching videos
      supporting information literacy instruction that will launch in 2005.

      best,
      deb
      "Debbie Abilock" <debbie@...>

      Message 61 of 61 , Apr 2, 2004
        In a message dated 4/2/2004 12:49:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        dspragu1@... writes:
        I AM proposing that the Dept. of Ed. create

        > an online accessible database of digital teaching videos so that any
        > teacher can see multiple ways of presenting any grade level subject
        > matter. I think every teacher should be able to see several different
        > ways of teaching a specific subject.
        I am not in opposition to your idea but there are many sites that are , as
        Deborah and other point out available. A problem with it being sponsored only by
        the Dept of Education would be what happens when or if, there is a new
        administration, or if the administration defunds..
        We have been through lots of change. perhaps a database/ a collection using
        your university web site as the place to find these databases, and a feature
        (written article) on different ones

        bonnie bracey bbracey@...