New: Rajasthan Photo Gallery

  • Andy Carvin
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 6:23 AM
      Hi everyone,

      As some of you know, I've spent the last couple of months pulling together some of the photos that my wife and I took in Rajasthan, India in November 2001. Those photos have now been compiled into a new online gallery called Rajasthan: Land of Princes.

      http://www.edwebproject.org/rajasthan

      This site features five separate photo collections, covering Jaipur, the Puskar Camel Fair, Jaisalmer, Udaipur and Chittorgarh. Unlike previous galleries, I've kept the photos in bins based on who photographed the picture. So if you see a thumbnail of a picture and click on it, you'll be able to look at the URL and see either my name or Susanne's associated with it. It's not the most elegant way of identified who took each pic, but hey, it works. :-)

      As always, the photos in the gallery are published under a Creative Commons license (www.creativecommons.org). This means you're free to to copy, edit, distribute and display the photos as long as it's for noncommercial purposes (including educational purposes), you give us credit for the photos (a link to our site is appreciated, but not required), and that you pass along this license so future users follow the same rights and restrictions (ie, they don't try to sell them or not allow them to be distributed).

      I'm also working on a Rajasthan travelogue. I recently discovered a journal with dozens of pages of notes from the trip, and I'm using it to write up a more detailed travelogue. Of course, this may take me months to complete, so I can't promise when it will be ready. So stay tuned and I'll be sure to post a note when you'll be able to visit the travelogue.

      thanks,
      ac

      Andy Carvin
      Washington DC
      acarvin@...
    • BBracey@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 9:07 AM
        In a message dated 2/1/04 9:28:23 AM, acarvin@... writes:

        > I'm also working on a Rajasthan travelogue. I recently discovered a journal
        > with dozens of pages of notes from the trip, and I'm using it to write up a
        > more detailed travelogue. Of course, this may take me months to complete, so I
        > can't promise when it will be ready. So stay tuned and I'll be sure to post
        > a note when you'll be able to visit the travelogue.
        >
        > thanks,

        These photos bring back my travels to Rajasthan. Before I only knew about
        this area because of the Smithsonian. I did not get to visit the Camel fair, but
        went in summer as a part of a Fulbright and we explored the forts, the cities,
        the area and it was an incredible visit. Thanks for reminding me of that
        time. We rode camels, elephants and other animals. There is a chair that some
        people took to the area of the caves ... There are lake palaces , and wonderful
        fabrics. I liked the spice markets and the
        art. Bonnie Bracey, bbracey@....