Early learning, Internet content and research

  • joel_josephson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      The Kindersite research project is now online at
      http://www.kindersite.org and we invite you all to come, see and
      understand what we are trying to achieve.

      There are 2 missions for the project:
      1. To allow early learners, irrespective of native language, access
      to the best graded content available on the Internet in a safe and
      secure environment and allow them to choose and use the content freely
      2. For qualified academic educational and language researchers to
      study the childrens usage of the content and follow up their usage to
      best understand outcomes of how and if technology should be
      integrated in to the educational process

      We aks list members to help this stage of the project by:
      1. Joining our advisory board (see
      http://www.kindersite.org/Advisory.htm
      2. Helping 'tiny testers' to use the site and reporting back to us on
      the outcome (positive or negative) - teachers and parents
      3. Suggesting research projects based on the site
      4. Any other form of help and support

      Lastly - we are strictly controlling use of the site to ONLY
      professionals in the educational community and parents of young
      children and you will be asked to register to gain entry to the
      working parts of the site. PLEASE DO NOT register any children at
      this stage but only their caregivers.

      Finally please feel free to contact me at the above if you have any
      questions and I hope you enjoy using the site.
      Joel josephson" <joel_josephson@...>