Canku Ota (Many Paths) New Issue

  • Garnet1654@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 2, 2001
      <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org">"Canku Ota" (Many Paths)</A>
      http://www.turtletrack.org

      Greetings,

      The new issue of "Canku Ota" (Many Paths) is on the site. In this issue,
      Suzanne Westerly shares her exclusive photos of the Native American Music
      Awards with us. We also have another wonderful article by Dorreen Yellow
      Bird. And, in our recipes section, don't miss the ways to combat those all
      too familiar words......"I'm bored."

      Teachers, don't forget that we have all of our issues, stories, nature
      articles, crafts, and recipes archived. Simply go to our Archives page, and
      click on the the index that you're looking for. There's also an onsite
      Search that works great! I use it all the time.

      As always, Paul and I appreciate each and every one of you.

      Pidamaya yedo,
      Vicki Lockard

      Garnet1654@...
      Editor "Canku Ota" (Many Paths0
      http://www.turtletrack.org
    • Garnet1654@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 28, 2001
        <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org">Canku Ota (Many Paths)</A>
        http://www.turtletrack.org

        Greetings,

        The new issue of "Canku Ota" (Many Paths) is on the site. In this issue, we
        welcome the Osseo, Minnesota Indian Education Program to our "Kid's Pages."
        If you have time, check out their "Little Buffalo Crafts" pages.

        As the year draws to an end, Paul and I would like to share our "Recipe for a
        New Year." You'll find it in this issue.

        We wish you and yours all the best in the coming year.

        As always, we appreciate each and every one of you!

        Pidamaya yedo,
        Paul and Vicki
        garnet1654@...
        http://www.turtletrack.org

        Canku Ota is a free Newsletter celebrating Native America, its traditions and
        accomplishments . We do not provide subscriber or visitor names to anyone.
        Some articles presented in Canku Ota may contain copyright material. We have
        received appropriate permissions for republishing any articles. Material
        appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who
        have expressed an interest. This is in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C.
        section 107.

        Canku Ota is a copyright © 2000, 2001 of Vicki Lockard and Paul Barry.

        The "Canku Ota - A Newsletter Celebrating Native America" web site and its
        design is the Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001 of Paul C. Barry.

        All Rights Reserved.
      • Garnet1654@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 25, 2002
          <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org">"Canku Ota" (Many Paths)</A>
          http://www.turtletrack.org

          Greetings!!

          The new issue of "Canku Ota" (Many Paths) is on the site. In this issue, we
          salute Naomi Lang, who will be representing the U.S. in the Olympics. We
          also welcome back Suzanne Westerly. Suzanne shares a great article (with
          awesome photos) of John Trudell. And, we are still updating our links and
          archives pages. If you have time, check them out!

          And, for you educators and non-profits, don't forget that for a very nominal
          amount, you can receive a copy of the Mahkato Wacipi CD. Here's the URL for
          that information!
          http://www.turtletrack.org/MahkatoWacipi/CDPromo.htm

          As always, Paul and I appreciate each and every one of you.

          Pidamaya yedo,
          Paul and Vicki
          garnet1654@...

          This mailing is sent to those who have requested it. To be removed from this
          mailing, type the word "remove" in the subject and return to me.

          Canku Ota is a free, bi-weekly, online Newsletter celebrating Native America,
          its traditions and accomplishments . We do not provide subscriber or visitor
          names to anyone. Some articles presented in Canku Ota may contain copyright
          material. We have received appropriate permissions for republishing any
          articles. Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary
          gain to those who have expressed an interest. This is in accordance with
          Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 Fair Use doctrine of international copyright law.
          Please read our privacy policy.

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 8, 2002
            <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org">Canku Ota (Many Paths)</A>
            http://www.turtletrack.org

            Greetings!

            The new issue of "Canku Ota" is on the site. This is a huge issue...chock
            full of inspiring stories and ways for you to get involved. We'd like to
            officially welcome Suzanne Westerly. Suzanne is our Southwest Correspondent
            and covers all sorts of exciting events. And, last, but certainly not least,
            we dedicate this issue to all of our athletes...from those playing pickup
            ball to those in the Olympics.

            As always, I appreciate each and every one of you. You make "Canku Ota" what
            it is.

            Pidamayaye ye,
            Vicki Lockard
            garnet1654@...

            This notice is sent to those who have requested it. To be removed, simply
            type the word "remove" in the subject area and return to me.

            Canku Ota is a free Newsletter celebrating Native America, its traditions and
            accomplishments . We do not provide subscriber or visitor names to anyone.
            Some articles presented in Canku Ota may contain copyright material. We have
            received appropriate permissions for republishing any articles. Material
            appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who
            have expressed an interest. This is in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C.
            section 107.

            Canku Ota is a copyright © 2000, 2001, 2002 of Vicki Lockard and Paul Barry.

            The "Canku Ota - A Newsletter Celebrating Native America" web site and its
            design is the Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 of Paul C. Barry.
            All Rights Reserved.
          • Garnet1654@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 22, 2002
              <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org">Canku Ota (Many Paths)</A>
              http://www.turtletrack.org

              Greetings!

              The new issue of "Canku Ota" is on the site. In this issue, we have several
              articles by our very own Suzanne Westerly. There are also some wonderful
              articles about language preservation (one of our big interests) and quite a
              few events and opportunities.

              We also are honored that the Nah Tah Wahsh School has chosen us as their Site
              of the Week! Many thanks for this.

              And, finally, stay tuned for an exciting contest. Peace Party Comics and
              Canku Ota are teaming up....more in the next issue!

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 8, 2002
                <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org/">Canku Ota (Many Paths)</A>
                http://www.turtletrack.org

                Greetings!

                The new issue of Canku Ota is on the site. In this issue, we are proud to
                share Kenny Frost's article about his experience at the Olympics. And,
                Suzanne Westerly shares her story about Michael Wise. Thanks to both of
                them!

                AND.....drum roll please.....Canku Ota and Peace Party Comic announce the
                first ever drawing contest. You can read all about it and I invite you to
                encourage your students to participate. It should be fun for all of us!!

                Pidamayaye ye,
                Vicki Lockard
                garnet1654@...

              • Garnet1654@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 22, 2002
                  <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org">Canku Ota (Many Paths)</A>
                  http://www.turtletrack.org

                  Greetings,

                  Spring has sprung! Nevermind that the temperature outside is about -1, right
                  now!!

                  The new issue of "Canku Ota" (Many Paths) is on the site. In this issue, we
                  have a lot of people who deserve recognition for the positive work that they
                  are doing in Indian Country. We salute each and every one.

                  And, don't forget about our Native Heroes Art Contest with Peace Party
                  Comics. Several folks have asked about it and we can't wait to see the
                  drawings! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 5, 2002
                    <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org">Canku Ota (Many Paths)</A>
                    http://www.turtletrack.org

                    Greetings!

                    The new issue of Canku Ota is on the site. In this issue, we have an article
                    about the Northern Cheyenne Tribal School and what you can do to help them.
                    We also have an article by Dorreen Yellow Bird, who always writes about
                    interesting things.

                    AND, we have our first entry in the Native Heroes Contest!! There's still
                    plenty of time to send in drawings. Canku Ota and Peace Party Comics have
                    joined together to sponsor this contest, so don't forget to check it out!
                    Teachers, if you have any questions please let me know.

                    We hope that you are all enjoying these first days of spring. We had about
                    five inches of snow, on Monday, but the weatherman keeps saying that things
                    are going to warm up. :)

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 19, 2002
                      <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org">Canku Ota (Many Paths)</A>
                      http://www.turtletrack.org

                      Greetings!

                      The new issue of Canku Ota is on the site. In this issue, we have so many
                      great articles about languages and the attempts to teach them to our
                      children. We also have several articles about folks who have gone that extra
                      mile to help others. AND, some of our favorite writers share their words
                      with us.

                      Speaking of our favorite writers, Suzanne Westerly has been in an auto
                      accident and we'd like to ask you to send your prayers and good thoughts for
                      her recovery. She hopes to be writing again, soon.

                      Don't forget the Native Heroes art contest..time's getting short and the
                      deadline for entries is May 31. If you have any questions, please let me
                      know.

                      Message 10 of 14 , May 3 4:12 AM
                        <A HREF="http://www.turtletrack.org">Canku Ota (Many Paths)</A>
                        http://www.turtletrack.org

                        Greetings!

                        The new issue of Canku Ota is on the site. Writer Geoff Hampton has shared a
                        story with us, and will have a series of stories in upcoming issues. And,
                        one of our favorites, Dorreen Yellow Bird, has shared one of her articles
                        with us, too.

                        Don't forget to check out the newest entry in our Native Heroes contest.
                        Time's getting short, so get those drawings in to us, soon! Remember, if you
                        have any questions, just email me.

                        We think that maybe it's springtime...hopefully, the snow is gone. In our
                        favorites section, we have some great ways to get your gardens ready for
                        planting.

                        Pidamayaye ye,
                        Vicki Lockard
                        garnet1654@...

                        Canku Ota is a free, bi-weekly, online Newsletter celebrating Native America,
                        its traditions and accomplishments . We do not provide subscriber or visitor
                        names to anyone. Some articles presented in Canku Ota may contain copyright
                        material. We have received appropriate permissions for republishing any
                        articles. Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary
                        gain to those who have expressed an interest. This is in accordance with
                        Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 Fair Use doctrine of international copyright law.
                        Please read our privacy policy.

                        Canku Ota is a copyright © 2000, 2001 of Vicki Lockard and Paul Barry.

                        The "Canku Ota - An Online Newsletter Celebrating Native America" web site

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 31, 2003
                          Canku Ota (Many Paths)
                          http://www.turtletrack.org

                          Greetings,

                          The new issue of "Canku Ota" is on the site. Once again, we have some
                          exciting news from all over Indian country.

                          Don't miss the article about how our young people are using computers to
                          share their culture and the many events that are happening. The NAMMY folks
                          are accepting votes and there's a benefit for Project Offstreet.

                          We're also delighted to share Jim Northrup's latest ricing adventure.
                          Pimada, Jim!!

                          We also want to thank the other generous contributors to this issue; Roy
                          Cook, Greg, Timm Severud, Geoff Hampton. Keep up the good work, friends.

                          And finally, we send our thoughts and prayers to our California folks.

                          As always, I appreciate each and every one of you.

                          Pidamayaye ye,
                          Vicki
                          garnet1654@...

                          Canku Ota is a free Newsletter celebrating Native America, its traditions
                          and accomplishments . We do not provide subscriber or visitor names to
                          anyone. Some articles presented in Canku Ota may contain copyright material.
                          We have received appropriate permissions for republishing any articles.
                          Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to
                          those who have expressed an interest. This is in accordance with Title 17
                          U.S.C. section 107.

                          Canku Ota is a copyright (c) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 of Vicki Lockard and
                          Paul Barry.
                        • Garnet1654@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 28, 2003
                            "Canku Ota" (Many Paths)
                            http://www.turtletrack.org

                            Greetings!

                            The new issue of "Canku Ota" (Many Paths) is on the site.

                            We have some interesting articles in this issue. Because we feel that saving
                            our languages are so important, we are always delighted to share language
                            articles with you...there are quite a few this time.

                            We're also happy to share articles about the generosity of our people. It's
                            especially heartwarming during these difficult times to read of others helping
                            those who are less fortunate.

                            And, don't miss the final installment of "Thunderhawk." Geoff Hampton will
                            be starting a new series, in our next issue...so stay tuned.

                            We want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your
                            support during this past year. We sincerely wish the best to you and yours in
                            the upcoming new year.

                            As always, we appreciate each and every one of you!

                            Pidamayaye ye,
                            Vicki Lockard
                            garnet1654@...
                          • Vicki W. Barry
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 15, 2013
                              Greetings!

                              The February 15th issue of "Canku Ota (Many Voices)" is on the site! This issue is chock full of information, opportunities, a great story and even a recipe! We're also sharing two articles written just for us. One is by Joanne Zacharias and the other is by Rob Thomas. Please feel free to share our site and visit us on our Facebook page.. You can find the new issue at http://www.cankuota.org/.
                              Paul has been busy cleaning up the extensive links section, and most of them are now working. As you can imagine, this has been a huge undertaking.

                              Stay tuned for many exciting things.
                              As before, and as always, Paul and I appreciate each and every one of you.

                              Pidamaya yedo,

                              Vicki Barry
                              Editor
                              http://www.cankuota.org

                              On Facebook
                              https://www.facebook.com/CankuOta1

                            • Vicki W. Barry
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 1, 2013
                                Greetings,

                                The April issue of Canku Ota (Many Paths) is on the website. For those of you that are unfamiliar with our site, we offer educational and good news from Indian Country. For those of you who have supported us in the past, pidamaya yedo (thank you very much).

                                You can find us at
                                http://www.cankuota.org

                                or on Facebook at Cankuota1..

                                We look forward to your visit,