John Keats

  • Ornella
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19 7:33 AM
      Hi all!
      I teach English as a foreign language in a secondary school in Italy. I'm
      doing a project on John Keats's Ode on melancholy. Can you help me
      suggesting some critical essays, articles or any good sites related to the
      topic?
      Thank you very much in advance.
      Ornella Spano
      Sardinia- Italy
      ornellaspano@...
    • John F. Adsit
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19 10:49 AM
        When I was a teacher, I found more success teaching Keats than almost
        any other major writer. I never taught that particular poem, though.

        There are a lot of excellent Keats web sites. A couple of seconds on
        Google and you will have more than you need. I suggest that you use
        that fact to let the students find what they need rather than give it to
        them.

        The key to having students react to Keats is to understand how intensely
        rooted it is in his own life experience. (Actually, "death experience"
        is closer to the truth.) New criticism advocates will choke on this
        advice, but I would have your students do a web search with the goal of
        determining the impact that his own experiences have on the poem. Once
        students see - and identify with - the human who produced that work,
        they will see it in a whole different way.

        Ornella wrote:

        >Hi all!
        >I teach English as a foreign language in a secondary school in Italy. I'm
        >doing a project on John Keats's Ode on melancholy. Can you help me
        >suggesting some critical essays, articles or any good sites related to the
        >topic?
        >Thank you very much in advance.
        >Ornella Spano
        >Sardinia- Italy
        >ornellaspano@...
        >

        >WWWEDU, The Web and Education Mailing List

        >To access the archive, please visit the list homepage:
        >http://edwebproject.org/wwwedu.html

        John Adsit
        JeffcoNet Academy - Online Education
        Jefferson County Public Schools
        McLain High School/Warren Tech
        303-982-8652
        jadsit@...
      • Bruce Jones
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19 1:42 PM
          Maybe this will help!

          http://www.romantic-poetry.com/John_Keats.html"http://www.romantic-poetry.com/John_Keats.html
          good luck!
          BJ

          "Bruce Jones" <brucewj@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 19 4:27 PM
            Here is a link to powerful resources outside the PMLA
            citations. http://www.linkstoliterature.com/keats.htm

            Ann Martha <amartha@...>