Re: [WWWEDU] Online Instruction issue

  • Linda Ullah
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2003
      John,

      I'm not aware of online classes being taught by unqualified people although
      it is certainly possible. All that I have taken, taught, or been involved
      with have had at least a Masters Degree level instructor... sometimes a PhD
      level... who has been qualified to teach the subject....

      Have said that, I have just finished taking a course in self pace
      learning. The theory behind that class is that curriculum can be taught by
      building in check points and feedback along the way. While I concede that
      some topics for some people might be appropriate through self paced
      learning, I feel most students need expert feedback as part of the learning
      experience.

      Linda Ullah
      Teacher in Residence
      Foothill College Krause Center for Innovation
      Los Altos Hills CA
      ullahlinda@...
      650-949-7681