RE: [WWWEDU] Re: online privacy persona

  • wcw@dragonlogic.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 30, 2002
      On 25 Dec 2002, at 8:27, Doug Johnson wrote:

      > Hi Bill,
      >
      > In regard to the scenario below:
      >
      > I thought the girl asking for the fellow's phone number and her
      > calling him was a good solution until several people reminded me of
      > caller-id and other ways he might have of backtracking her. The
      > general consensus has been for them to meet in a public place, her
      > with friends or parents for extra security.

      Doug,
      caller ID can be turned off (or one can place a call from a pay
      phone) - all the girl has to do is ask/tell the guy that if he wants her
      to call he has to turn it off for a while so she can call safely. after
      that I agree meeting in public wiht parents/older siblings/
      responsible friends present is always the next good step.

      Bill
      William C. Wilson
      Technology Coordinator
      Richmond Hill HS