AW: [WWWEDU] Research Request on Virtual High Schools

  • Corinne Wilhelm
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 2002
      Why not appear as a guest at www.tappedin.org? You could hold a 15 minute
      session, telling us about your experiences and then answer questions. That
      way you could present websites that helped you, other interested parties
      could communicate afterwards and a recording of the event would be available
      for interested parties, you can even set up your own virtual office there.

      Just a time effective suggestion!

      Have a great week!
      Corinne Wilhelm BA(Hons) DipM
      http://www.clever2gether.de/
      www.clever2gether.de
      ***
      Office + 49 (0) 4103 188730
      Mobile + 49 (0) 179 241 2515
      ***
      Op'n Klint 9a,
      22880 Wedel (nr Hamburg)
      Germany

      Corporate Learning Consultancy
      Competitive advantage starts with getting clever2gether!
    • Philip Benz
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2002
        Corinne Wilhelm wrote:
        > Why not appear as a guest at www.tappedin.org? You could hold a 15 minute
        > session, telling us about your experiences and then answer questions. That
        > way you could present websites that helped you, other interested parties
        > could communicate afterwards and a recording of the event would be available
        > for interested parties, you can even set up your own virtual office there.

        IMHO, you really need to plan for an hour on Tapped In to effectively be able
        to show a few resources and discuss things. Fifteen minutes is about what it
        takes to warm up!

        I think I must've missed the message Corinne is replying to. But I'm involved
        in several virtual school projects here in the Academie de Grenoble (France)
        and would love to hear more, or participate in such a discussion.

        One of our projects is called the "Cartable Electronique" and involves
        equipping classes of middle schoolers and their teachers with laptops (among
        other tools) and working together to implement various teaching and learning
        practices.

        Another project is called the "LOG" or "Lyc�e Ouvert de Grenoble" and involves
        delivering online courses to high school kids in extended hospital stays, or
        who are top athletes or have other obstacles to attending a regularly
        scheduled classroom.

        Cheers, --- Phil

        Philip.Benz@...
        Lycee Astier, Aubenas, France
        The English Multiverse, a resource site for students and exchanges:
        http://www.ardecol.ac-grenoble.fr/english/index.htm