Re: [WWWEDU] additional question on spam

  • Shelley Popson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2002
      Rick,
      I have started to do the same thing. I signed up for a free web based
      account just to share with companies and other people outside my direct
      audience (teachers I work with). It has really helped keep my work email
      account a lot more spam-free. Also, receiving emails I may not want do not
      hog up room on my harddrive (I download personal and work mail rather than
      go to the server).

      I've been suggesting to more of the teachers I work with to do the same
      thing - especially since they aren't supposed to receive personal email
      through their school accounts. Many are just getting comfortable using email
      through their school systems and then they are faced with SPAM. It's
      discouraging. I guess that's one benefit of the free web based email
      providers.
      Shelley

      Shelley Popson
      popson_s@...