Vol. 8, No. 4 of the MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching is available online

  • Lee, Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013
      Dear colleagues,

      (My apologies for the cross posting...)

      Vol. 8, No. 4 of the MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching (JOLT at http://jolt.merlot.org/) was recently published and is available online. The papers that comprise the issue are listed below.

      Vol. 9. No. 1 of JOLT will be released in the coming weeks. As you may already know, Vol. 9, No. 2, the June 2013 issue, will be a themed special issue on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). The guest editors of the special issue are George Siemens (Athabasca University), Valerie Irvine (University of Victoria), and Jillianne Code (University of Victoria).

      *** JOLT VOL. 8, NO. 4 CONTENTS ***

      * Research Papers *

      Contribution of Learner–Instructor Interaction to Sense of Community in Graduate Online Education
      Jo L. Shackelford and Marge Maxwell

      Examining Differences in University Implementation of iTunes U
      Randy K. Yerrick and Joseph A. Johnson

      Video Conferencing Guidelines for Faculty and Students in Graduate Online Courses
      Cynthia Gautreau, Barbara C. Glaeser, L. Carl Renold, Shariq Ahmed, Joyce Lee, JoAnn Carter-Wells, Mark Worden, E. Douglas Boynton, and Jim Schools

      Student Perceptions of a Hybrid Discussion Format
      Yuankun Yao

      * Case Studies *

      Instructor-Made Videos as a Scaffolding Tool
      Guohua Pan, Sandipan Sen, David A. Starrett, Curtis J. Bonk, Michael L. Rodgers, Mohan Tikoo, and David V. Powell

      Proactive Intervention Strategies for Improving Online Student Retention in a Malaysian Distance Education Institution
      Lai Cheng Tung

      * Concept Paper *

      A Three-Step Model for Designing Initial Second Life-Based Foreign Language Learning Activities
      Feihong Wang, John K. Burton, and Jane Falls

      * Position Paper *

      "Which Technology Should I Use to Teach Online?": Online Technology and Communication Course Instruction
      Carolyn S. Carlson, Philip J. Aust, Barbara S. Gainey, Stephen Jake McNeill, Tamara Powell, and Leonard Witt

      Kind regards,

      Mark J. W. Lee
      Adjunct Senior Lecturer, School of Education, Charles Sturt University
      Editor, MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching

      Charles Sturt University

      | ALBURY-WODONGA | BATHURST | CANBERRA | DUBBO | GOULBURN | MELBOURNE | ONTARIO | ORANGE | PORT MACQUARIE | SYDNEY | WAGGA WAGGA |

      LEGAL NOTICE
      This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University (CSU) does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with CSU may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at CSU. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of CSU.

      Charles Sturt University in Australia http://www.csu.edu.au The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Numbers: 00005F (NSW), 01947G (VIC), 02960B (ACT)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018

      Charles Sturt University in Ontario http://www.charlessturt.ca 860 Harrington Court, Burlington Ontario Canada L7N 3N4 Registration: www.peqab.ca

      Consider the environment before printing this email.

      Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007
      http://www.codetwo.com