Women's History Month and International Women's Day March 8th

  • cyberpg2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2012
      Women's History Month and International Women's Day March 8th
      http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Teachers/womenmonth.html

      This is when we recognize and celebrate the diverse and historic accomplishments of women by providing information and educational materials and programs.

      The Educational CyberPlayGround (founded by a Karen Ellis) provides many wonderful resources to help you discover the important contributions and achievements made by women throughout our history. We hope you will find information to use all year round and for a lifetime of learning.

      Female Inventors: The Wonder Women who were the first computers.
      Yes, that is where the name comes from . . . the women who did it by hand, who did the math with pencils and paper! We were the computers, we figured it out by ourselves and we win the smart-epants award.
      First Computer Programmers Inspire Documentary

      End Discrimination against Women and Girls
      International Gender Equity Resources

      Movie actress Hedy Lamarr's Invention Finally Comes of Age

      Please share!

      <Karen>
      Educational CyberPlayGround
      http://www.edu-cyberpg.com