*Only for 100 Schools in Los Angeles and Ventura for Schools in Los Angeles and Ventura - Chevy Rocks the Future: A promise to Live Better!

  • Yvonne Marie Andres
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2008
      *P*L*E*A*S*E   help us get the word out & share this opportunity with your
      colleagues!

      Chevy Rocks the Future: A Promise to Live Better

      Website: http://www.globalschoolnet.org/gsnprojects/gm/

      Dear Educators in LOS ANGELES and VENTURA Counties,

      Global SchoolNet is committed to bringing you the best ideas, tools,
      information and opportunities for 21st century learning. So, we would like
      to tell you about an opportunity from our partner, Chevy – Rocks the Future!

      IMPORTANT [Time Sensitive]: To participate, schools must respond by January
      30, 2008

      Chevy Rocks the Future: A Promise To Live Better - Environmental Promise and
      Sweepstakes

      “A Promise to a Better Life” is a socially responsible environmental
      education program that raises awareness about energy, conservation, and
      alternative solutions to our growing needs. Free kits will be provided to
      participating teachers in Los Angeles and Ventura counties.

      1. Educational Opportunity:
      This program asks students to take on a simple environmental responsibility,
      which they will place on the Promise Tree poster in their classroom.

      2. Classroom Kit:
      Teachers will receive a turn-key kit containing a classroom poster and other
      materials that will enable students to take an active part in conservation
      efforts.

      3. Bonus Opportunity:
      For their participation, students will be entered into a drawing to attend
      an after school event at Disney Studios on February 19, 2008 to experience
      an environmental education festival and then enjoy a private concert by the
      Jonas Brothers! Winners will walk down the “green” carpet and view some of
      the coolest new Chevy cars being developed to help conserve energy and give
      them an example of new technology being developed to help keep our
      environment safe and clean.

      4. For more information or to receive the awareness kit, contact:
      Manny Greenfield
      mannygreenfield@... or (949) 433-6257

      IMPORTANT [Time Sensitive]: To participate, schools must respond by January
      30, 2008

      Dr. Yvonne Marie Andrés, yvonne@...

      Director & Co-Founder, Global SchoolNet Foundation
      132 N. El Camino Real, #395, Encinitas, California, 92024
      Phone: (760) 635-0001    Fax: (760)635-0003
      www.globalschoolnet.org
            Collaborate, communicate & celebrate learning!