9838Re: [WWWEDU] Any thoughts on how I should respond to Wired?

  • Art Wolinsky
    Aug 29, 2007
      At 03:04 PM 8/29/2007, you wrote:

      >Hi everyone,
      >
      >I'm in a bit of a quandary. Late last week, there was
      >a flurry of activity on the social network site I set
      >up, Stop Cyberbullying

      The article is sad and irresponsible, but taking it to the street
      will just escalate the situation. We are dealing here with an
      inadvertent cyberbully. I would offer the same advice I would offer
      an individual in this case. Don't respond publicly. Take it off
      line. Talk to the person face to face and make them understand the
      damage they are doing. I would try to contact Wired directly and talk
      to them about it and ask them if they have any ideas on how they can
      help undo the damage they have done.

      Art

      Art Wolinsky
      OEO 3DWriting.com
      Technology Director - Online Internet Institute
      Educational Technology Director - WiredSafety.org
      awolinsky@...
      (609) 698-8223 (Home Office)
      (609) 618-4433 (Cell)

      I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.
      I will surely learn a great deal today.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic