URLs - new document; URL mail server

  • Tim Berners-Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 1992
      A new URL definition document is available at locations

      ftp://info.cern.ch/pub/ietf/url3.txt
      ftp://info.cern.ch/pub/ietf/url3.ps

      The document has a few changes which were mentioned at the Boston
      BOF -- please send anything I've forgotten to me ASAP for inclusion
      befoer the Washington.

      (Note old WWW clients require "file:" prefix instead of "ftp:" prefix
      for FTP archive documents, but latest library allows either during transition
      period).

      Documents may be retrieved by URL: by sending mail to

      listserv@... with a line containing the command SEND
      followed by the URL of the document. If the document is in hypertext, the URLs
      of linked documents are listed on the end of the reply. If in doubt send
      message HELP to same address.

      The software for the mail robot is available in ftp://info.cern.ch/pub/www/src

      I won't be in DC but will expect a talk session to be set up with the
      meeting... :-)

      Tim Berners-Lee