whitewater team alumni

  • James
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2006
      To Whitewater Team alumni and friends,

      I propose that we start up an alumni association.

      I would like to have more input before we try to decide on rules and procedures, but here
      are my suggestions:

      1) Anyone can join. Once we get official, we might have to split members into voting and
      non-voting, with the team alumni (coaches and managers included) being the voting
      members, but we can deal with that down the line.

      2) No fees. This is like your high school or college alumni association: if you're a
      graduate, you're already a member. Non-alums simply have to ask to join.

      3) The association has three basic goals: to foster contact among alumni, to promote the
      sport, and to support the current team. Our first step is probably to get an email
      newsletter going, and share news.

      4) There have been two suggestions for names: US Whitewater Alumni, (USWA), or
      Whitewater Team Alumni and Friends (WTAF). We could combine these: US Whitewater
      Alumni and Friends (USWAF), or US Whitewater Team Alumni and Friends (USWTAF). I'd
      like to have Canadian members, but when we get to supporting the team, it's probably too
      complicated to support the teams of both countries, so in that sense this is a US
      association. Thoughts on this welcome.

      5) I think that we should probably apply for non-profit status, which will unfortunately
      mean jumping through certain legal hoops.

      The first step is to get the word out, and compile contact emails, addresses, and phone
      numbers. Below is a partial listing of team alumni. The Slalom list is pretty close to being
      complete, thanks to a very cool German website, <http://slalom.flechtner.de/
      index.html>. The Wildwater list is quite incomplete, as it is cobbled together from The
      River Masters, a few old programs, and an email or two. Please, please don't be insulted if
      you're a team alum and not on the list; this is just a start. I'm sure typos and such have
      crept in too. An asterisk before a name indicates that I already have complete contact info
      for that person.

      So, step one, please send me your complete contact info: name, address, email, phone.
      The address and phone will not be made public, but the email address will, unless you tell
      me otherwise. Also, please pass this along to other team alums, and/or send me their
      contact info.

      I think we can have fun with this. I hope you agree.

      Cheers, Jamie

      Wildwater

      Lisa Adams
      Doug Armstrong
      Mike Beck
      Les Bechdel
      Bill Bickham
      Edward Bliss
      Cathy Bolyn
      Charles Braman
      Tim Braman
      *Andy Bridge
      Barry Brigley
      Joe Brugger
      John Bryson
      John Burton
      John Butler
      Al Button
      Simon Beardmore
      Donna Berglund
      *Robert Bofinger
      Geoff Calhoun
      Jean Campbell
      Ben Cass
      Mike Chamberlin
      Steve Chamberlin
      Al Chase
      Richard Church
      Candice Clark
      Margaret Clarke
      John Connet
      Joseph Conrad
      Andy Corra
      *Kari Crowe
      Ross Durfey
      Wally Dyer
      William Endicott
      Eric Evans
      John Evans
      Gay Fawcett
      Mark Fawcett
      Dean Ferrandini
      Jon Fishburn
      Carol Fisher
      Paul Flack
      Howard Foer
      *Kent Ford
      Terry Franz
      Bill Funk
      Nono Ganz
      Ulrich Ganz
      Paul Grabow
      Gordon Grant
      Dave Guss
      Brad Hager
      Mark Hall
      Gunter Hammersbach
      Maria Hanushevsky
      Mike Harris
      Boo Hayman
      *Cathy Hearn
      *Davey Hearn
      Bill Heinzerling
      *Chris Hipgrave
      Mike Hipsher
      Barbara Holcombe
      Louise Holcombe
      Norman Holcombe
      Jefrey Huey
      John Hummel
      Tom Irwin
      Leslie Klein
      Bonnie Losick
      Chuck Lyda
      *David Jones
      Bunny Johns
      Daniel Johnson
      Tom Johnson
      Carol Knight
      David Knight
      Dave Kurtz
      Austin Krissoff
      Nate Krissoff
      Yuri Kusuda
      Paul Leibman
      George Lhota
      Bonnie Losick
      *Jon Lugbill
      *Ron Lugbill
      Chuck Lyda
      Jim Macconaghy
      Ted Makris
      John McCandless
      *Jamie McEwan
      *Tom McEwan
      Lucile McKee
      Leena Mela
      Peggy Mitchell
      *Angus Morrison
      Russ Nichols
      David Nutt
      Bill Nutt
      David Orlicky
      Rowan Osborne
      Mark Patlovich
      Rob Paton
      Douglas Peterson
      John Pinyard
      Bill Prime
      Chip Queitzsch
      James Raleigh
      Brent Reitz
      *Bob Robison
      Tom Ruwitch
      Dan Schnurrenberger
      B. Schaner
      Richard Schaner
      Jirina Sedivec
      Josef Sedivec
      Dick Shipley
      Tom Southworth
      Joe Stahl
      Mike Stanley
      William Stanley
      Emily Stein
      Ian Stewart
      Dick Sunderland
      John Sweet
      Jamie Tidmore
      Middy Tilghman
      Carol Underwood (Fisher)
      James Underwood
      Art Vitarelli
      *Wickliffe Walker
      Tom Weir
      Barbara Wright
      Louise Wright
      Hank Yeagey
      Warren Yeisley
      Ted Young

      **********************
      Slalom

      David Adler
      Eric Amason
      John Anderson
      Linda Aponte
      Eileen Ash
      Lynn (Carrie Lou) Ashton

      Frank Babcock
      Ryan Bahn
      Gordon Bare
      Bater (EC82 with Hayland)
      Jason Beakes
      Leslie Bechdel
      Norman Bellingham
      Andrew Bell
      David Bell
      Dave Benham
      Robert Benham
      Bill Bickham
      *Alan Blanchard
      Edward Bliss
      Steve Bohlman
      Tom Bolyn
      Nic Borst
      Adam Boyd
      Allan Braswell
      Kurt Braunlich
      Charles Bridge
      Barry Brigley
      Becky Brown
      Brian Brown
      Kirsten Brown-Fleshman

      Candice Caldwell
      Jean Campbell
      Sandy Campbell
      Dana Chladek
      Richard Church
      *Mark Ciborowski
      Candice Clark
      Adam Clawson
      Steve Conklin
      John Connet
      Fred Coriel
      Austin Crane
      Dave Curran

      Samuel Davis
      Tad Dennis
      Rasa Dentremont
      Wayne Dickert
      Ami Dingle
      Chris Doughty
      Steve Draper
      Dick Dratton
      Ross Durfey

      Casey Eichfeld
      Kyle Elliott
      John Emerson
      *Abbie Endicott
      *William Endicott
      Chris Ennis
      Ernis (C-2 w. Venable)
      Eric Evans
      Jay Evans
      John Evans

      Gay Fawcett (Gruss)
      Mark Fawcett
      Kurt Feick
      Sid Feldman
      Bob Gisher
      Carol Fisher
      Paul Flack
      Ken Flemming
      *Kent Ford
      Benn Fraker
      Terry Franz
      Eric Fraze
      Jana Freeburn
      Steve Fulton

      Nono Ganz
      Ulrich Ganz
      Mike Garvis
      Steve Garvis
      Louis Geltman
      John Gerstenberger
      Eric Giddens
      Rebecca Giddens (Bennett)
      Jesse Gillis
      Marietta Gilman
      *Paul Grabow
      Gordon Grant
      Gwen Greeley
      Bryant Grigsby
      John Grumbine
      Dave Guss
      Carl Gutschick

      Brad Hager
      Alice Hallaran
      *Fritz Haller
      *Lecky Haller
      Meredith Hamilton
      Maylon Hanold
      Al Harris
      Charles Harris
      *John Harris
      Linda Harrison
      Kay Harvest
      Walter Harvest
      John Hastil
      Hayland (C-2 w. Bater)
      Bill Hearn
      *Cathy Hearn
      *David Hearn
      *Jennifer Hearn (Jones)
      John Hefti
      Bill Heinzerling
      Thomas Heitzmann
      Dana Henry
      David Hepp
      Brett Heyl
      Linda Hibbard
      Richard Hill
      Barbara Holcombe
      Louise Holcombe
      Norman Holcombe
      Horace Holden
      John Holland
      Holmes (with Fulton 79)
      *Steve Holmes
      Brian Homberg
      *Jefry Huey
      Drew Hunter
      Eric Hurd

      Dan Isbister
      Steve Isenburg
      Ami Ivers

      Eric Jackson
      *Joe Jacobi
      Donald Joffray
      Anna Jorgensen
      Ned Jose
      Becky Judd

      Maria Kallmann
      Carol Kane
      Karlberg (C-2 w. Snider)
      John Kennedy
      Barry Kennon
      Caroline Klam
      Andy Kluge
      Carol Wright
      Dave Knight
      Joe Knight
      *Dave Kurtz
      Yuri Kusuda
      Jordan Kvanli
      *Ben Kvanli

      Aurele Lamontagne
      Jay Langley
      Jed Langley
      Matthew Lapham
      Jeff Larimer
      *Mike Larimer
      Hannah Larsen
      *Sarah Leith
      *Bruce Lessels
      *Karen Lessels
      Chad Lewis
      George Lhota
      Paul Liebman
      *Angela Lokken
      Chad Long
      Kenneth Long
      Tren Long
      *Jon Lugbill
      *Ron Lugbill
      Chuck Lyda

      Mackinnan (C-2 w. Thomas)
      Dan Makris
      Ted Makris
      Aaron Mann
      Scott Mann
      Mary Marshall Seaver
      Karen Marte
      Cecilia Martin
      Eric Martin
      Lynne Martin
      Mark Mathews
      Scott McCleskey
      Lucile McKee
      John McCandles
      Chris McCormick
      Marty McCormick
      Mike McCormick
      *Devin McEwan
      *Jamie McEwan
      Tom McGowan
      Barbara McKee
      Kevin Michelson
      Joe Mikulsky
      Aleta Miller
      Anne Mitchell
      David Mitchell
      Peggy Mitchell (Nutt)
      Peter Mitchell
      Michael Montagne
      Brendan Moore
      Luke Moore
      Don Morin
      *Angus Morrison
      Jason Mueller

      Ashley Nee
      Brad Nelson
      Russ Nichols
      Sue Norman
      Frank Novacowski
      David Nutt
      William Nutt

      Rowan Osborne

      Kurtis Palmero
      Jackie Paris
      Roger Paris
      Bennett Parks
      Dudley Parr
      Brian Parsons
      Scott Parsons
      *Dave Paton
      Jennifer Peabody
      Andrew Peterman
      Alexander Pikulev
      Marcy Pilsner
      Alex Pincus
      Mikki Piras
      Nejc Poberaj
      *Silvan Poberaj
      Ethan Pond
      Rick Powell
      Jed Prentice
      Bill Prime
      Neil Quinn

      James Raleigh
      Becca Red
      Bill Riley
      Paris Robinson
      Bob Robison
      Jon Rose
      Stephen Ruhle
      Joshua Russell

      Aaron Sarver
      Mike Sastre
      Ann Schuster
      Jirina Sedivec
      Josef Sedivec
      Will Seeley
      Dick Shipley
      Paul Shipley
      *Scott Shipley
      Snider (C-2 w. Karlberg)
      Brett Sorenson
      Don Sorensen
      Justin Souter
      John Southworth
      Nancy Southworth
      Tom Southworth
      Randy Spencer
      Sherry Spurlin
      Megan Stalheim
      Chuck Stanley
      Danny Stock
      Molly Stock
      Jennifer Stone
      *Ken Stone
      Wendy Stone
      Scott Strausbaugh
      George Strickland
      *John Sweet
      Swenson (C-2 w. Worrel)
      Bruce Swomley

      *Matt Taylor
      Thomas (C-2 with Mackinnan, Jun. Worlds 1988)
      Steve Thomas
      Hank Thorburn
      Jamie Tidmore
      Karl Toeppner
      John Trujillo
      Elizabeth Turner (Hayman)

      Steve U'Ren
      Zuzana Vanha
      Venable (Junior Worlds C-2 w. Ernis)

      Jim Wade
      *Wick Walker
      Cindy Wall (Goodwin)
      David Watson
      Elizabeth Watson
      Elliot Weintrob
      Philip Weizenecker
      Seth Weizenecker
      Kara Weld (Ruppel)
      Chris Wiegand
      Brent Wiesel
      Peter Wilson
      Ethan Winger
      Worrel (C-2 w. Swenson)
      Barbar Wright
      Louise Wright

      Hank Yeagey
      Jo Ellen Yeaple
      Ted Young

      Sebastian Zimmer
      Al Zob

      ***********
      ***********
      deceased:
      Ray McLain
      Douglas Gordon
      Richard Weiss
    • clt_capt
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2006
        Not sure if these were actual "team" members, but did race in
        Europa Cup, etc

        Slalom
        -------
        Mark Wiggins
        Andy Kipnis

        WW
        ---
        Dirk Helder/Mark Melrose (WW C2)
        Dan Myers/Nick Myers (WW C2)
      • James
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17, 2006
          I'm considering anyone who raced in the Europa or World Cup a team member. I've added
          these; does anyone have contact info? I'd appreciate it, Jamie