today's wwftd is... hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia

  • tsuwm
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      the worthless word for the day is: hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia

      on 6/6/06, Tom Kuffel wrote:
      I thought you'd be using hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia.

      [fr. Gk hexa^kosioi-, six hundred + hexekonta-, sixty +
      hexa-, six + -phobia]
      fear of the number six-hundred and sixty-six
      and, hexakosioihexekontahexaphobiac, one who so fears

      "So far, few seem to be suffering from hexakosioihexekonta-
      hexaphobia - an intense aversion to the numerical sequence
      666." - L. A. Daily News, June 07, 2006

      "64. Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobiacs is the term for
      people who fear the number 666."
      - BBC News Magazine Monitor,
      100 things we didn't know last year, 28 Dec. 2006

      this week: cleaning out the mailbox