today's wwftd is... transvection
- the worthless word for the day is: transvection
[f. L. trans, across + vehere, to carry] /trans VEK shun/
1) obs. the act of carrying from one place to another
2) Math. a method for deriving invariants and covariants
3) flying on something via magical powers (witchcraft)
"The consummate salvation of the Saints, or their
transvection into those eternal Mansions of glory."
- Henry More, Apocalypsis apocalypseo (1680)
"--You do not, the Emperor's physician asked Doctor Dee,
believe in the transvection of witches.
--I do not, said John Dee."
- John Crowley, Daemonomania