today's wwftd is... diddicoi

  • wwftd master
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2011
      the worthless word for the day is: diddicoi

      [fr. Romani didikai] also diddicoy
      Eng. dialect : a gypsy or other nomadic person

      "'Gyppos, diddicoys, whatever you like to call 'em.'"
      - John Harvey, Far Cry (2009)

      I'm a Romano Rai, just an old didikai,
      I build all my temples beneath the blue sky,
      I live in a tent and I don't pay no rent,
      and that's why they call me the Romano Rai.
      - old Romani song

      -tsuwm
      http://home.comcast.net/~wwftd