today's wwftd is... formicide

  • wwftd master
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      the worthless word for the day is: formicide

      [fr. L. formica, ant + Eng. -cide] /FOR muh side/
      a substance used for killing ants

      "[I]t was concluded that the Zweigs had in fact
      killed themselves [with sleeping tablets], even
      though a glass containing sugared water and
      Formicide had also been found on the bedside
      table."
      - Marion Sonnenfeld, Stefan Zweig (1981)

      -tsuwm
      http://home.comcast.net/~wwftd