today's wwftd is... jaculation

  • wwftd master
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2010
      the worthless word for the day is: jaculation

      [fr. L. jaculari, to hurl]
      obs. : the act of throwing or hurling

      I lost track of site expiscations for a time,
      but this week we'll feature some from Nov/Dec.

      "Hurl'd to and fro with jaculation dire.."
      - John Milton, Paradise Lost (1667)

      ""Grandfather Smallweed immediately throws
      the cushion at her. 'Drat you, be quiet!' says
      the good old man. The effect of this act of
      jaculation is twofold."
      - Charles Dickens, Bleak House (1852)

      -tsuwm
      http://home.comcast.net/~wwftd