today's wwftd is... chumbolone

  • wwftd master
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009
      the worthless word for the day is: chumbolone

      [uncertain origin, perhaps a comflation of chump and
      strombolone?]
      Italian-American slang : a stupid idiot

      ""I gave him lip service," Doyle said. "I didn't know
      what he was talking about. I don't wanna look like a
      chumbolone, an idiot, stupid," Doyle said from the
      witness stand."
      - John Kass, Chicago Tribune August 24, 2007

      (with an assist to Kalleh)

      -tsuwm
      http://home.comcast.net/~wwftd