today's wwftd is... snarf

  • wwftd master
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      the worthless word for the day is: snarf

      [prob. blend of scarf + snack]
      orig. U.S. slang : to consume quickly or greedily
      <snarfed down some pizza>

      "Tradition has it that way back in the day, you could
      snarf up more free stuff at the State Fair than you
      could carry off - I still treasure a little Heinz
      pickle pin I got there when I was a kid - and that
      the giveaways, in these lean times, have gone away."
      - Jacquielynn Floyd, Dallas Morning News (blog)
      Oct 01, 2008

      this week: words you might not expect to find in
      OED and W3, but there they are

      -tsuwm
      http://home.comcast.net/~wwftd