1867today's wwftd is... adhomination

  • tsuwm
    Aug 20, 2013
      the worthless word for the day is: adhomination

      [fr. L. ad hominem, with respect to a particular person or group]
      personalization

      "We reach here the very principle of myth: it transforms history
      into nature. We now understand why, in the eyes of the myth-
      consumer, the intention, the adhomination of the concept can
      remain manifest without however appearing to have an interest
      in the matter: what causes mythical speech to be uttered is
      perfectly explicit, but it is immensely frozen into something
      natural; it is not read as a motive, but as a reason.
      - Roland Barthes, Mythologies

      -tsuwm
      http://home.comcast.net/~wwftd