Tony Buzan on the telly!

  • Robert Phelps
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      Hey,

      Did anyone else see the GREAT man himself on the telly
      this morning??

      It was at about 5:45am on BBC2 (UK) - I was half
      asleep, switching through channels, when I saw this
      caption which read "SPEED READING", and I thought,
      ooo, ooo, - suddenly quite awake, I watched with
      excited trepidation, - "record it" I thought, so I
      dashed upstairs to hurriedly find a video tape I could
      use - ahhh "Liar, Liar", not that good a film anyway,
      that'll do.
      Dashed back downstairs to see the GREAT man himself
      introduced...........................................................................................................3
      minutes, 3 bl**dy minutes, that was the entire program
      finished - now that was fast!

      He just talked about the basics, you know, the
      movements the eyes make naturally, how and why to use
      a guide and to hold the book as far away from your
      face as possible to allow your peripheral vision to
      play its part.

      Well it was interesting to put a face to the voice
      (the first Buzan publication I bought, “Use Your Head”
      was on tape) - even though Tony looks like my dad!
      (no offence Tony, you are about the same age!!).

      Well that was my exciting “wake-up call”!

      Rob.