[wwbc] HAPPY NEW YEAR (swami humor)

  • Elliott Bignell
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2000
      Hey, we made it!

      There were a number of times over the last couple of decades when I
      thought none of us would see this dawn. Mind you, there are people in
      Hawaii who still haven't, so maybe I should shut up for a few more
      hours.

      The situation actually looked at its diciest about 2am this morning,
      when people had resorted to squeezing the last whisky (scotch spelling)
      bottle to extract the final drops. Not so much WOULD I see this dawn as
      would I wish I HADN'T? Having given my dendrites such a pruning, I
      intend to finish "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" today and start
      "Goedel, Escher, Bach" again, topping it all off with a good run
      followed by a bracing cold shower. (Okay, I made some of that up. Sue
      me.)

      I'm fine Cal, and thanks for the testimonial. I shall sit in the lake
      and hit myself over the head with a carp later on to make up for it,
      else my head won't fit through the office door and I'll not be able to
      log on to this group.

      Happy New Year, and may your synapses resemble a privet hedge...

      Elliott Bignell
      Bretagne
      France

      //////////////////

      Hi all brain clubbers!Peace and Love to you all my friends.
      It's great being a part of this group of wonderful people (genii
      [Elliott,
      how are you buddy?], geniuses, the radiantly brilliant, and keen
      learners at
      every stage of development [I'm probably on the bottom rung of that
      latter,
      but very happy, smiling, and glad to be here with you!]).
      Yanis: I love your Swami Humour stuff!
      Most of all, have a wonderful new millennium starting right NOW, you
      deserve
      it. I feel honoured to be in your company.Warmest regardsCal :)
    • YObuck285@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2000
        By the pounding of my head I would say it was New Years Day! Whew! What a
        party!! Elliott, my dear friend, you and others would greatly benefit from
        Brain Longevity by Dharma Singh Khalsa. It's a phenomenal work that
        discusses the care and feeding of this precious organ so that it is working
        at it's best!! Anyway, does anybody else feel a strange sense of freedom
        today??? I mean, maybe it's the hangover talkin' but I just have this
        phenomenal, well, lightness of being, (not in the Kundera sense) and I don't
        do drugs (ceptin' for booze once in a while). It's just this feeling all
        over that there is nothing to dread...hmmm. Maybe it is the enlightenment
        from this group that has engaged my being at this moment...Anyway, hope
        you're all feeling it too!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS!!!! Love...SHE.
      • Mark Allenby
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2000
          As someone who works in a community child and adolescent mental health
          setting the idea of putting the fun in fundamentalism reminded me of one of
          my definitions of my core tasks, putting the fun back into dysfunctional.

          On a different note I heard an insult which quite amused me. A friend was
          having a moan about a colleagues stupidity and said, 'Just think, if they
          had another brain cell, they could have a synapse.'

          Happy Year 2000

          Mark
        • Elliott Bignell
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2000
            My favourite: "If brains were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow
            his nose"

            Elliott

            /////////////////////////////////

            As someone who works in a community child and adolescent mental health
            setting the idea of putting the fun in fundamentalism reminded me of
            one of
            my definitions of my core tasks, putting the fun back into
            dysfunctional.

            On a different note I heard an insult which quite amused me. A friend
            was
            having a moan about a colleagues stupidity and said, 'Just think, if
            they
            had another brain cell, they could have a synapse.'

            Happy Year 2000

            Mark
          • George Wade
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2000
              These Jokes are just bad enough to take to a Chinese dinner party, this
              evening. Thanks.
              -
              >My favourite: "If brains were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow
              >his nose"
              >Elliott
              >/////////////////////////////////
              A moan about a colleagues stupidity and said, 'Just think, if
              >they had another brain cell, they could have a synapse.'
              >Happy Year 2000
              >Mark
            • John Young
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2000
                Hi Elliott,

                Glad to hear that you made it with most of your dendrites intact.

                Just wanted to 'stick my oar in' as the Brits say and correct you (:) please
                don't take offence, I'm a nice guy when I'm not playing school teacher) on a
                pet topic of mine - in your email "scotch spelling" should be "Scottish
                spelling". We Scots used to say that eggs or tomatoes can be "scotch" and
                the demon drink is Scotch whisky (I can highly recommend Lagavulin if you
                like a strong smokey flavour). The spelling "whiskey" is I suppose a
                marketing trick to avoid legal prosecution.

                To motivate you through your next hangover I can share a nugget of German
                wisdom with you:

                "If it doesn't actually kill you, then it'll make you stronger"

                Finally, the following struck a chord somewhere in the back of my mind
                concerning those clever dick managers we all know and love (not!):

                A group of managers were given the assignment to measure the height of a
                flagpole. So they go out to the flagpole with ladders and tape measures,
                and they're falling off the ladders, dropping the tape measures-the whole
                thing is just a mess. An engineer comes along and sees what they're trying
                to do, walks over, pulls the flagpole out of the ground, lays it flat,
                measures it from end to end, gives the measurement to one of the managers
                and walks away.
                After the engineer has gone, one manager turns to another and laughs.
                "Isn't that just like an engineer, we're looking for the height and he gives
                us the length."

                To all brain users - keep on thinkin'
                John Young

[...]

                At Esurance.com you can buy customized insurance online. Call 1-800-926-6012
                and complete a quote today to start saving money tomorrow or just go to
                http://click.egroups.com/1/611/0/_/6499/_/946724898

                -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/wwbc/?m=1