Re: [wwbc] Poor Visual Imagery

  • Etienne Benoît Roesch
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2013
      Hi,

      I am guessing registering to drawing or painting class would help; photography even. That'd help you develop a sense for visual details.
      Hope that help.

      Etienne

      On 12 Jan 2013, at 04:16, "lucullus50" <lucullus50@...> wrote:

      > Hello I have been trying to figure out the best way to improve visual imagery. When I try to imagine things I only see a vague impression and can't keep details connected together. Of course in dreams and randomly I get stronger mental images but I can not do so by will. I wondered if anyone had experience overcoming this sort of issue.
      >
      > Thanks for the help :)

    • Terry Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2013
        I think I am the same way, but it does not interfere really with being able to use visual mnemonics.  I have heard of exercises where one looks at a slightly complex scene and closes one's eyes, and tried to recall it. If you do not recall all the detail you wanted, try it again.  I have never done these exercises though enough to know if they help.

        I like to describe my visual images even though they may represent concrete word associations, "abstract."  Meaning that they lack detail of anything other than the specific item in the picture I am trying to recall.