Re: [wwbc] Hi everyone - introducing myself!

  • John Morrison
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2008
      Because you listed mental math on your list, I want to know what you know about the subject. I love math and work hard to learn any short-cut or trick to do math better and faster. There is a specific skill I wish to share, if you are interested. Let me know.

      John

      "gnosis.panya" <gnosis.panya@...> wrote:
      Hi, how are you all?
      It looks like a good group here.

      I am a member of a few more specific groups with content along the
      same lines as this one.

      This group is more varies though and perhaps I would be best listing
      my interests and inviting anyone to chat to me about any of them.

      Feel free to do so at any time :)

      Here goes...

      memory
      language learning / linguistics
      mental calculation / mathematics
      spead reading
      musical ability
      critical / lateral thinking
      puzzles and games
      drawing & other 'artistic' endevours
      poetry and other writing
      general study skills
      history (ancient and modern)
      philosophy
      religion/mythology
      textual criticism / papryology
      economics
      meditation
      politics
      cultural studies
      anatomy / medicine
      science (theoretical and practical parts)
      archeology
      warfare / intelligence / underground etc
      computer art and programming
      cryptography
      geography
      psychology
      colonialism & empires
      energy science
      robotics
      physical fitness
      journalism
      outer space
      human lifestyles
      game design (computers)
      agriculture / natural resources
      education

      all I can remember right now.

      I think this group may not be broad enough for me.
      thats cool thought...:)

    • gnosis.panya
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2008
        Hi there John, how are you?

        I am fairly new to mental math.
        I have done little math in my life but I am gathering up moments and
        learning it pretty fast.
        I am doing addition drills at the moment.

        perhaps I can send a few text files woith some of my methods sometime?

        We can always chat through an im service.

        Hope to talk to you soon.

        --- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, John Morrison <jfm1061@...> wrote:

        > Because you listed mental math on your list, I want to know what
        you know about the subject. I love math and work hard to learn any
        short-cut or trick to do math better and faster. There is a specific
        skill I wish to share, if you are interested. Let me know.

        > John
        >
        > "gnosis.panya" <gnosis.panya@...> wrote:
        > Hi, how are you all?
        > It looks like a good group here.
        >
        > I am a member of a few more specific groups with content along the
        > same lines as this one.
        >
        > This group is more varies though and perhaps I would be best
        listing
        > my interests and inviting anyone to chat to me about any of them.
        >
        > Feel free to do so at any time :)
        >
        > Here goes...
        >
        > memory
        > language learning / linguistics
        > mental calculation / mathematics
        > spead reading
        > musical ability
        > critical / lateral thinking
        > puzzles and games
        > drawing & other 'artistic' endevours
        > poetry and other writing
        > general study skills
        > history (ancient and modern)
        > philosophy
        > religion/mythology
        > textual criticism / papryology
        > economics
        > meditation
        > politics
        > cultural studies
        > anatomy / medicine
        > science (theoretical and practical parts)
        > archeology
        > warfare / intelligence / underground etc
        > computer art and programming
        > cryptography
        > geography
        > psychology
        > colonialism & empires
        > energy science
        > robotics
        > physical fitness
        > journalism
        > outer space
        > human lifestyles
        > game design (computers)
        > agriculture / natural resources
        > education
        >
        > all I can remember right now.
        >
        > I think this group may not be broad enough for me.
        > thats cool thought...:)

      • jofelc
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
          hi gnosis.panya

          what country are you from?

          --- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, "gnosis.panya" <gnosis.panya@...> wrote:

          > Hi, how are you all?
          > It looks like a good group here.
          >
          > I am a member of a few more specific groups with content along the
          > same lines as this one.
          >
          > This group is more varies though and perhaps I would be best listing
          > my interests and inviting anyone to chat to me about any of them.
          >
          > Feel free to do so at any time :)
          >
          > Here goes...
          >
          > memory
          > language learning / linguistics
          > mental calculation / mathematics
          > spead reading
          > musical ability
          > critical / lateral thinking
          > puzzles and games
          > drawing & other 'artistic' endevours
          > poetry and other writing
          > general study skills
          > history (ancient and modern)
          > philosophy
          > religion/mythology
          > textual criticism / papryology
          > economics
          > meditation
          > politics
          > cultural studies
          > anatomy / medicine
          > science (theoretical and practical parts)
          > archeology
          > warfare / intelligence / underground etc
          > computer art and programming
          > cryptography
          > geography
          > psychology
          > colonialism & empires
          > energy science
          > robotics
          > physical fitness
          > journalism
          > outer space
          > human lifestyles
          > game design (computers)
          > agriculture / natural resources
          > education
          >
          > all I can remember right now.
          >
          > I think this group may not be broad enough for me.
          > thats cool thought...:)

        • gram rupert
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 8, 2008
            Now what exactly is "spead reading"?

            Thanks,
            r.

          • John Morrison
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 8, 2008
              What can you contribute to the group? You seem to be a person of great knowledge.

              jofelc <jofelc@...> wrote: hi gnosis.panya

            • Ian Docherty
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
                How about putting some of those interests together to see what you get.

                The Philosophy of speed reading
                The economics of warfare
                The anatomy of robotics
                Cryptography in game design