Re: [wwbc] Math is the new way to be smart.

  • John Morrison
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2007
      Thanks for your reply and comments.

      cmartin336@... wrote:
      Hi John,

      apparently you focus on arithmetical calculations.

      But that is only a negligible part of the total body of mathematics and not much different from the approach, which people use, when they just memorize pure facts.

      To know facts is of course important, because we need to have a database in our memory, but it is not the main goal in learning, it is just the beginning.

      If you like arithmetical calculations, nothing is wrong with it, but go beyond. Start to study a good book about mathematical number theory for instance.

      Mathematical theory is a fascinating topic and it is the language of quantitative science.

      regards

      Claus