Re: Vedic Math

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
      --- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, JohnLouis Louis <pjlmem@...> wrote:

      > Yes, it is still taught in India. I learnt this system of maths in
      a very remote village school in India in 1970 to 1974. It is being
      taught in my son's school nowadays.

      ******************

      Linda here.

      So, then -- even when children are young (I don't know how old your
      son is) they are taught to calculate left to right and the "by one
      more than the one before" and "vertically and crosswise" (among
      others)?

      I wish I had learned it when I was younger! However, what I have
      learned about it from the Internet and some Ebooks I've downloaded
      have helped me a lot.

      By the way -- could you tell me what the word "samuccaya" means?
      I've seen it in some of the principles of Vedic Math. I hope I
      spelled it right.
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
        Linda here.

        Out of curiosity -- do you know if Vedic Math is taught in any other
        countries besides India?

        I think it should be taught everywhere!