Can someone help with number rhymes?

  • paulmurphy42
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2006
      I've got number ryhmes from 1 to 10, and need more of them, to at least
      20.

      The ones I use already are

      1 Gun 2 Shoe 3 Tree 4 Door 5 Hive 6 Sticks 7 Heaven 8 Gate 9 Wine 10
      Pen

      Can someone carry on the list till 20 for me? Or 30 or even more?

      Many thanks.
    • John
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2006
        Wouldn´t bother with new rhymes if I were you, once you get past ten
        you´re pretty much stuck, as you have the problem of repeated sounds
        e.g. fourteen, fifteen.

        You´d be better off using the same rhymes but associating them with
        different sounds, colours, textures, etc. For example 11-20 could be
        the same rhyme, 1 gun 2 shoe, but all coloured red and 21-30 all
        coloured blue.

        Even better, if you want to make long lists use another system, such
        as the number-shape system or the major system - see Tony Buzan´s Use
        Your Memory or just have a look around on the internet for details.

        Hope this helps,

        John

        --- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, "paulmurphy42" <paul.murphy@...> wrote:

        > I've got number ryhmes from 1 to 10, and need more of them, to at least
        > 20.
        >
        > The ones I use already are
        >
        > 1 Gun 2 Shoe 3 Tree 4 Door 5 Hive 6 Sticks 7 Heaven 8 Gate 9 Wine 10
        > Pen
        >
        > Can someone carry on the list till 20 for me? Or 30 or even more?
        >
        > Many thanks.

      • paulmurphy42
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2006
          I have number rhymes for 1 to 10 (1 gun 2 shoe 3 tree etc) but can
          anyone suggest them for 11 to 20 and even higher?

          Many thanks,

          Paul.
        • JohnLouis Louis
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2006
            11 - Lemon
            12 - Shelve
            13 - Thirsrty
            14 - Fort Inn
            15 - Fitting
            16 - Sweet teen
            17 - Souverin
            18 - Eight teens
            19 - Pumkin
            20 - Aunty

            Hope you like it paul.
            John Louis

            paulmurphy42 <paul.murphy@...> wrote:
            I have number rhymes for 1 to 10 (1 gun 2 shoe 3 tree etc) but can
            anyone suggest them for 11 to 20 and even higher?

            Many thanks,

            Paul.

            Also see the collabarative Mentat Wiki at http://ludism.org/mentat for information on how to become a better thinker.

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • lacivert
            Message 5 of 6 , May 17, 2006
              How about Mark twain for 20 as an alternative ;-)

              cheers,
              Umut

              --- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, JohnLouis Louis <pjlmem@...> wrote:

              > 11 - Lemon
              > 12 - Shelve
              > 13 - Thirsrty
              > 14 - Fort Inn
              > 15 - Fitting
              > 16 - Sweet teen
              > 17 - Souverin
              > 18 - Eight teens
              > 19 - Pumkin
              > 20 - Aunty
              >
              > Hope you like it paul.
              > John Louis
              >
              > paulmurphy42 <paul.murphy@...> wrote:
              > I have number rhymes for 1 to 10 (1 gun 2 shoe 3 tree etc) but
              can
              > anyone suggest them for 11 to 20 and even higher?
              >
              > Many thanks,
              >
              > Paul.
              >

              > Also see the collabarative Mentat Wiki at http://ludism.org/mentat
              for information on how to become a better thinker.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • micheal smith
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
                11 heaven 12 elf(prononuced elve) ..13 curtain ...14 ...15...16....

                paulmurphy42 <paul.murphy@...> wrote: I have number rhymes for 1 to 10 (1 gun 2 shoe 3 tree etc) but can
                anyone suggest them for 11 to 20 and even higher?

                Many thanks,

                Paul.

                Also see the collabarative Mentat Wiki at http://ludism.org/mentat for information on how to become a better thinker.

                thats right