head hint technique to remember names and faces

  • JohnLouis Louis
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2004
      I was told by one of the executives that the head hint technique to remember names and faces is more powerful and practicable than the association technique which is used by many memorisers.
      He said face has 26 parts - all in alphabetical order. ex J = Jaw, I = Eye, etc.
      Once you hear the name , take the first Alphabet of the name and put the letter ridiculously in its appropriate parts in the face. That reminds the name of the person when you meet him next.
      Anybody has any idea ? By the way, what are those 26 parts in our face in alphabetical order ?
      regards,
      John Louis

    • Alberto Rezende Medeiros
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2004
        I use a different method.
        At first I was trying to replace the names by an object that has a
        similar sound.

        Now I use a different method.
        I wrote down the names and surnames of my friends.

        I listed an object for each friend and acquaintance of mine,
        according to eachs job.

        example:

        Rodrigo is a friend of mine that goes to the same gym that me.
        So, his name was replaced by objects of the gym.

        When I meet someone I never knew, with a name that's not in my list,
        I talk a lot to this person. Until I can find a object to replace his
        name.

        I don't know if this method would work in competitions. But it's been
        a good method for my everyday life.

        Cheers