Re: Spam

  • Aldo
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2004
      Greetings Elliott

      This is a gem. I have installed it and my mind is now planning to do
      other preemptive mischief to the said salesmen. I just wonder where
      this cycle of spam is going to end?

      With some satisfaction
      Aldo

    • elliott@bignell.demon.co.uk
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2004
        Hi, Aldo,

        Pass it on! The most intelligent suggestions I've seen for destroying
        spammers involve attacking their business model. They depend on sending out
        huge volumes of mail, which effectively costs nothing, in return for a very
        small level of uptake. One way to hit them would be to involve them in
        working through an equal volume of completely bogus replies, say by deluging
        them with sales on false credit card numbers. Not sure of the legality,
        though.

        New HeadCase version yesterday - lots of new useability features. See
        headcaseinfo or download from www.loanedgenius.com

        Cheers...
        Elliott
      • Luis Bretel
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2004
          Dear friends:

          We invite all of you that speak spanish to this workshop:
          http://www.pucp.edu.pe/cmp/tallerABP/taller_aprendizaje.htm

          Luis Bretel

          Pass it on! The most intelligent suggestions I've seen for destroying
          spammers involve attacking their business model. They depend on sending out
          huge volumes of mail, which effectively costs nothing, in return for a very
          small level of uptake. One way to hit them would be to involve them in
          working through an equal volume of completely bogus replies, say by deluging
          them with sales on false credit card numbers. Not sure of the legality,
          though.

          New HeadCase version yesterday - lots of new useability features. See
          headcaseinfo or download from www.loanedgenius.com

          Cheers...
          Elliott

          Also see the collabarative Mentat Wiki at http://ludism.org/mentat for
          information on how to become a better thinker.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Martin Naylor
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2004
            hi
            a company as started doing this i've lost address, but it does exactly as you say, sends repeated messages back forcing them to pay for bandwith, from huge amount of emails received,
            martin
            elliott@... wrote:
            Hi, Aldo,

            Pass it on! The most intelligent suggestions I've seen for destroying
            spammers involve attacking their business model. They depend on sending out
            huge volumes of mail, which effectively costs nothing, in return for a very
            small level of uptake. One way to hit them would be to involve them in
            working through an equal volume of completely bogus replies, say by deluging
            them with sales on false credit card numbers. Not sure of the legality,
            though.

            New HeadCase version yesterday - lots of new useability features. See
            headcaseinfo or download from www.loanedgenius.com

            Cheers...
            Elliott

            Also see the collabarative Mentat Wiki at http://ludism.org/mentat for information on how to become a better thinker.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Aldo
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
              Sod the legality

              I don't mind being an outlaw in this case. Unless someone could put
              me straight about any possible detriment to humanity. (could prompt a
              discussion on misinformation and truth I suppose)

              Cheers
              Aldo

              --- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, elliott@b... wrote:
              > Hi, Aldo,
              >
              > Pass it on! The most intelligent suggestions I've seen for destroying
              > spammers involve attacking their business model. They depend on
              sending out
              > huge volumes of mail, which effectively costs nothing, in return for
              a very
              > small level of uptake. One way to hit them would be to involve them in
              > working through an equal volume of completely bogus replies, say by
              deluging
              > them with sales on false credit card numbers. Not sure of the legality,
              > though.
              >
              > New HeadCase version yesterday - lots of new useability features. See
              > headcaseinfo or download from www.loanedgenius.com
              >
              > Cheers...
              > Elliott
            • Aldo
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
                Hi Luis

                Glad to read something in foreign

                My totally limited Spanish understanding has be believing this
                invitation is something about problem solving. Si?

                Regards
                Aldo

                -- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, "Luis Bretel" <lbretel@p...> wrote:
                > Dear friends:
                >
                > We invite all of you that speak spanish to this workshop:
                > http://www.pucp.edu.pe/cmp/tallerABP/taller_aprendizaje.htm
                >
                > Luis Bretel

              • Linda
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
                  Linda here.

                  I bookmarked the Spanish language web page and intend to search the
                  site more. It has a unique way of presenting material using group
                  study, and taking the approach of reversing the usual order of
                  presenting information and then showing application to problems.
                  They want to present the problem first and then teach the
                  information.

                  I'm looking forward to learning more about the approach.

                  Linda
                  Who lives about 16
                  miles from Mexico, which
                  has a very fine educational
                  system.

                  --- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, "Aldo" <aldolilly8@y...> wrote:

                  > Hi Luis
                  >
                  > Glad to read something in foreign
                  >
                  > My totally limited Spanish understanding has be believing this
                  > invitation is something about problem solving. Si?
                  >
                  > Regards
                  > Aldo
                  >

                  > -- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, "Luis Bretel" <lbretel@p...> wrote:
                  > > Dear friends:
                  > >
                  > > We invite all of you that speak spanish to this workshop:
                  > > http://www.pucp.edu.pe/cmp/tallerABP/taller_aprendizaje.htm
                  > >
                  > > Luis Bretel

                • Aldo
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 4, 2004