usa memoriad

  • mnemmonist
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      Are there any reports from the USa memoriad out there?
    • Ben Pridmore
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
        --- In wwbc@yahoogroups.com, "mnemmonist" <Michel_Asselin@l...> wrote:
        > Are there any reports from the USa memoriad out there?

        Just appeared at http://forum.worldmemorychampionships.com/

        Full scores at
        http://www.worldmemorysportscouncil.com/2004USScoresfinal.xls

        Congratulations to Scott again! Looks like it was a close contest.

        One question springs to mind - why does the report say that 'over 30'
        competitors took part, when the scores list only 24? Kind of reminds
        me of the WMC's official press releases all claiming over 50 entrants
        from 20 countries, when it was 46 from 11. Is exaggeration the
        official policy of memory competitions? If so, it's a good idea, but
        surely somebody's going to count the names one of these days...

        Ben
      • joshuamarkwalker
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2005
          Though this forum seems to have strayed far past its intended purpose,
          I nonetheless post: I emailed a contact from the USA memoriad and it
          (the Memoriad)is apparently scheduled for March 11, 2006 (Saturday)
          at ConEd. All who can make it should come and see if we can get the US
          memory standards up to the level of the Europeans. May I suggest in
          such an effort reading Dominic O'briens newly published "How to
          Develop a Brilliant Memory week by week". I just bought a copy and it
          seems to be very much like his older "How to Develop a Perfect Memory"
          which is all but impossible to find a copy of. I believe us Americans
          are lagging so far behind because no one has yet taken the time to
          fully develop the Dominic Method but are rather still using objects
          instead of people and no associated actions. Hope to see you all there.

          Joshua